2nd Gen R60 Countryman Fun Size is officially ordered.

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by jeremy, Nov 30, 2011.

1. jeremy

jeremy New Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Well, we finally pulled the trigger. I ordered the wife an all white Countryman S All4. Some of the options include the JCW aero kit, cold, premium, and technology packages, black headlight housings, and black wheels. The dealership I used was Ralph Schomp Mini of Denver. I cannot say enough about this dealership. Nobody was pushy, I was treated with respect, and they answered every question I had easily. Thanks to this forum for the reviews, sponsor links, and information, I really look forward to many great motoring miles and future mods. I'll post pics the second we get it. :Thumbsup:

2. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations. :Thumbsup:

Jim

3. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    Congrats!

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Great, congrats on the upcoming new MINI.

5. kconner5

kconner5 New Member

May 23, 2011
    Works at MINI of Fairfield County
    New Canaan, CT - High Point, NC (College, High Poi
    Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Congrats on your new Countryman!

Cant wait to see it - I have the aero kit and it really makes the car look good :)

Go ahead and check out MINI Countryman Motoring - Great information there about the Countryman.

Kyle

P.S. Update us with the status of your car during production / shipping when you know!

6. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Very nice, perhaps we will see you out at some of our MINI5280 group fun. Think Icicle Rally in February, perhaps.

It would be a good break in drive. :)

Congratulations,
    Don

7. jeremy

jeremy New Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Don. Thanks for the invite. I can only hope the car is delivered by the time the icicle run takes place. Chad at Schomp told me to check out the mini5280 club. It looks like something I would be interested in for sure! Membership AND the icicle run! So it looks like you've had your all4 for about a year now. How do you like it? How does it do in the snow?

8. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Yes, almost a year and 11111 miles pulling into the garage after dinner tonight. :wink:

CM goes well in the snow, I had the opportunity to drive in some deeper snow the other day, no issues. It has a nice stability with the ALL4.

Since the CM is wife's DD, she has a great passion for the CM, she let's me drive to dinner, car wash and to fill it up with gas.

I find it comfortable, but I have noticed a bit more road noise this winter. But it could be just me looking. :frown2:

So far, not much to complain about, had some issues this summer but all is good.

2nd oil change coming up around Jan. 10 I think, computer is saying 4K left to needed change. :Thumbsup:

Don

9. jeremy

jeremy New Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    #9 jeremy, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
    Update:
    The car is done!! Whooo Hoooo!! :biggrin5: Now we're in the awaiting transport stage. Once the car is on a boat, how can I track it? I thought I read somewhere that it will give you the name of the boat the car is on and you can track it somehow? This entire process really is pretty spiffy. Its neat to order one just the way you want it, know the progress of the build and go to the dealer to get it. The problem is.... its not here yet. Hurry up and wait again. Sheesh.
    Next Update:
    Ordered a pair of PIAA 520 crystal ion fog lights and PIAA All terrain pattern driving lights. soon to order the VIP quad light mount. Lights should be here next week. I'll keep you posted.....

10. rum4

rum4 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 17, 2011
    SC
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 0 / -0
    congrats and welcome to M/A

11. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    How to track your MINI from Factory to Dealer

12. kconner5

kconner5 New Member

May 23, 2011
    Works at MINI of Fairfield County
    New Canaan, CT - High Point, NC (College, High Poi
    Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    www.marinetraffic.com is what I used... It was very fun, also if you have a W&W ship you can see what dates it will arrive in the ports on its journey over... I'm sure it's the same if it's a K-Line

Happy Tracking!!

Kyle

13. jeremy

jeremy New Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    wow. this has been the longest wait ever. from england, to new york, to panama, and tomarrow, 1-28, it will be in California. Aero kit to be put on in Cali, and on the truck to Denver. Slowly collecting toys for the car. So far I have two PIAA plasma ion yellow fog 520's and two PIAA all terrain pattern driving 520's. soon to have the quad light kit from VIP. Still undecided on the exhaust. There are a couple videos of the new JCW full exhaust, but they claim it won't fit the all4, which i find hard to believe considering the s and the all4 have the same part number for the stock exhaust I've heard. As far as wheels go, check tire rack. they have a ton of options for a countryman. I'll post pics just as soon as the car makes it to Denver.

14. dr61

dr61 Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Redding, CA, USA
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Here is a good site that will guide you in tracking your MINI (or other BMW products coming through Germany). My CMS4 is either waiting at Bremerhaven on the docks or is already on a ship; not sure because there is a lag before data is updated.

How-To: Follow a new BMW from Order, to Shipping and to Delivery

15. jeremy

jeremy New Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I got the call today. The car has finally arrived. :biggrin5: Plans to pick up the car on the 18th of this month. Financing was just fine. 2.9% through Mini. The latest promo for my dealer is that if you spend 1500 in accessories, you get 500 off. Doesnt sound too bad. I'm thinking all weather floor mats in the front, back, and boot, window tint, rear bumper protection film, and carbon fiber mirror caps. Any other suggestions on how to blow 1500 in accessories? Pics to come next weekend. :Thumbsup:

16. 127DM

127DM New Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    2012 Cooper S Countryman ALL4 On Order woohoo!

I'm waiting patiently for my new baby to arrive. It has been a painful 5 weeks since the order date. :( It looks like its ready to ship for about 3 weeks now and I'm getting antsy. About 20x times a day I track it via the mini owners lounge and still nothing. My boyfriend will never see me again as soon as this baby arrives!! lol

Light White w/black bonnet stripes
    Black headlight housing
    Chrome Line Exterior
    Interior Surface Piano Black
    Foglights
    Driving Lamps Black
    Sunroof
    navigation
    18" Black Alloys
    Flat load door (for the puppies of course)
    Color Surf Line pretty blue
    Premium package, sports and technology. ahhh GET HERE ALREADY!

17. jeremy

jeremy New Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    congratulations on your car!! my wife got her countryman three days ago, I dont think she has turned it off yet!! You'll love the black housings on the headlights and the piano black interior. We really like ours. It looks clean and even classy. The technology package was questionable when ordering simply because of the price, but it really is worth the money. The navigation is accurate and easy to use, the mini connect and the apps available for it are fun too. Be patient 127DM, its worth the wait. Its a fantastic little car. Congrats again!