FS: RMW BVH **As Is - Needs Repair**

Discussion in '1st Generation Parts For Sale' started by BlwnAway, Mar 30, 2016.

1. BlwnAway

BlwnAway Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Ratings:
    +314 / 0 / -0
    #1 BlwnAway, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    For Sale is my RMW BVH, it will NEED hairline chamber cracks welded and a valve job, head sealed true to the deck and only came off due to lack of compression from the valves. The only reason I'm not repairing and reusing it myself is that I'm switching to a completely different product.
    Decided to sell as is so that the new owner has full control over the repair, possibly even as a DIY for someone versed in aluminum welding and/or head work.

Head is priced for no core swap only, buyer retains his own core to resell or do with as they please.

Free shipping within the lower 48 and no additional PayPal fees. (I'll also eat those)

$1000.00

For those truly interested, PM me with an e-mail address and I will send you detailed "good" close up pictures of each chamber.

2. BlwnAway

Nov 24, 2011
    Ratings:
    +314 / 0 / -0
    As an FYI.
    If I still have this by MOTD, I will be bringing it with me and offering a Cash-N-Carry price.

3. BlwnAway

Nov 24, 2011
    Ratings:
    +314 / 0 / -0
    Final bump before MOTD.
    Please contact me before Wed. 05/11 if you are interested in looking at this at the event, because of the limited internet access it may be difficult to check this thread once I'm there. If you don't get ahold of me here, ask Chad or someone at the DT tent if they've seen me, I'll be around somewhere from Thurs-Sat.
    Cash -N- Carry price is $900, or if your interested while I'm still home, I'll drop the price to $900 + actual shipping and fees from 63010.

4. BlwnAway

Nov 24, 2011
    Ratings:
    +314 / 0 / -0
    As a bump, I still have the head, no-one even looked at it at MOTD, price will stand at $900 + actual shipping or $1000 whichever is less.

As an FYI for those who are wondering, this head CAN be repaired, it's not just for parts, any competent performance machine shop versed in aluminum welding should be able to handle all of the work.

5. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,874 / 10 / -3
    I don't want to be negative but when I turned a wrench for a living I saw a couple of heads with hair line cracks that we were unable to fix. We used a very good welder that knew his trade. In one case the crack just kept growing. Have you considered having it fixed then put it up for sale?

6. BlwnAway

Nov 24, 2011
    Ratings:
    +314 / 0 / -0
    I have, and if I still have it after the car is back together, that will be the path I take, but also the time and effort will be reflected in the new price, so I thought I'd offer it as is first.

7. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    Repaired or not, it's going to be a tough sell....

8. BlwnAway

Nov 24, 2011
    Ratings:
    +314 / 0 / -0
    I realise that also, it is what it is, but that's also why I didn't jump into doing the repair up front and push the repair of the car itself farther back because of over all funds. I'd rather sink $750-1000 into the car overall right now, instead of the repair of a head that I wasn't going to use anyway, and still had to sell.

The real bargain in the as is, is if you have an in with someone or could handle the repair yourself, at $950-1000 minus the sale of your old head, (even as a $400 core) someone could be walking into a real bargain.

But either way, I'll have it until I don't.

Thanks for looking anyway guys.