How can MC Speedworks better help the community here?

Discussion in '2nd Generation Parts For Sale' started by MC Speedworks, Apr 25, 2017.

1. MC Speedworks

MC Speedworks New Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Feb 16, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey there everyone,

So as you may already know MC Speedworks is new the forum here, and while I have worked with many forums in the past, I realize that each community is unique.

As such I thought it would be good idea to find out directly from you how we can work together here in the forum to help each other.

How can we better help you? Are you looking for something regarding part? Would you like us to put up some DIY information?

We all love the MINI's for better or worse sometimes, being that this forum is going through some changes, it makes sense to me to make sure that we are helping everyone as much as possible.

Please feel free to post here, or PM me or simply give me a call.

Best Regards,

Erik Johnson
    MC Speedworks
    (720) 899-6005 phone

2. Sully

Sully Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Thanks for being a sponsor and offering to add to the community. For me, DYI and participating in the Q&A of the forum is a great way to get integrated.

I've found it works both ways, folks buy from sponsors that are active in the community,

Sully

3. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,869 / 10 / -3
    Well........um........since you asked.............free parts! Yes that would be good! :D
    Thanks for supporting MA!

4. Brian_NEOMINIAC

Brian_NEOMINIAC New Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    #4 Brian_NEOMINIAC, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Hi Erik,

Being new to this specific forum, it's clear people want to use this as a resource, but typically won't until they NEED something. Same with Facebook groups I'm part of. People either post things every day, or never... until it's "this happened to me" or "what could this be?" and expect people to stop what they are doing and help instantly.

How does this relate to a vendor.... you're either someone who will post everyday and people get to know you and trust you, or you only post when a few items that maybe a handful of people will be interested because you've got something on sale. We can appreciate discounts, but would further appreciate the knowledge.

5. MC Speedworks

MC Speedworks New Member

Feb 16, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am happy to help in any way I can. I have extensive knowledge in differentials, clutch options and suspension. We are bringing in some new products here shortly, and hope to be able to help as much as possible.

6. Goldsmithy

Goldsmithy MINI Alliance Ambassador
    Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Male
    TCB
    Main Street in the land of Oz
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 0 / -0
    Eric, how these shocks compare to Koni FSD's as far as ride quality go, and the ride quality vs. stock suspension? Or, are these just for the track?

7. MC Speedworks

MC Speedworks New Member

Feb 16, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What shocks are you referring to? Do you mean the coil overs that I posted in the suspension section?

8. Goldsmithy

Goldsmithy MINI Alliance Ambassador
    Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Male
    TCB
    Main Street in the land of Oz
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 0 / -0
    Jeez...I can't read anymore...:arf:

I can see, said the blind man