What did you do with your MINI today?

Discussion in 'MINI' started by KittyMini, Jun 17, 2011.

Tags:
  1. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    Fabricated new brackets and reinstalled my front splitter. Swapped from CT XP10 to G-Loc R8 front brake pads (hopefully a little quieter on the street). Swapped my repaired RMW L axle for the spare axle I had in there. Replaced my existing wheel studs with new, longer RMW studs (since my old ones had been through two crashes, and could stand to be longer for the amount of spacer I run up front).

Waiting on Fedex to deliver new Swift Springs from GreenePerformance, to go about halfway between my original spring rates and the experimental super-stiff rates I've been running since last summer.

2. LBMCS07

LBMCS07 Life's a Garden, DIG IT
    Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2017
    Electrical Installer
    McDonough, GA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I cleaned the bug guts and bird poop off the exterior glass. :Thumbsup: Still hopelessly waiting for my new tag so I won't have to worry about getting pulled over by the police for not having one. :cryin:

3. newmar

newmar New Member

Jun 20, 2016
    Retired aircraft mechanic
    Houston, TX
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was never able to restore my headlight lenses to as clear as I wanted them to be, so I ordered a brand new pair. Got them installed today and they look great!

4. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    If you really want your old lights to look new again send them to me.

I have been wet sanding and buffing them out for people for years now and they turn out perfect.

5. Qik

Qik Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    IT
    Atlanta-ish
    Ratings:
    +811 / 0 / -0
    Had a fun jaunt into work this morning. When are pickup drivers going to learn they simply cannot hang with a little sports car in a corner? Seriously, If I hadn't maintained speed thru the corner he woulda slid right into me and rammed me right into the wall. I took the outside lane as a courtesy and he still f's up. Idiot. I totally get that trucks nowa days are quick,IN A STRAIGHT LINE. Someone send pickup owners that memo.
    IN OTHER NEWS-I received a letter in the mail from MINI informing me that the HPFP is covered for 10 years or 120k :D It's already been replaced by BMW of North America once. Glad to know it's covered for the next time it takes a s**t. (knocks on wood) Apparently the "fix" they applied to the N18 HPFP wasn't much of a fix at'all :cornut:

6. 05r50

05r50 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +697 / 0 / -0
    Took my R53 to Best motor werks tonight for some maintenance. It's been a long time since I have driven the MINI.

I'm sure I was smiling.

7. Rainman768

Rainman768 Active Member

May 3, 2012
    Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Bummer that you had to replace it more than once. Mine lasted about 130K.

8. Qik

Qik Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    IT
    Atlanta-ish
    Ratings:
    +811 / 0 / -0
    I've only replaced it once. Well I didn't BMW did. Either way nothing out of pocket for this guy :cornut: Still glad they stretched the warranty for the N18's till 120k/10 years just in case :Thumbsup:. Previous owner had fuel delivery issues, but I suspect poor fuel quality is the culprit. The only fuel she get's is top tier 93 since I've owned er.

9. BetaMini

BetaMini New Member

Aug 2, 2012
    eComm
    New Albany, OH
    Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    I replaced the belt, plugs, air filter, cabin filter, and a torn intake boot.

10. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    I've had an intermittent issue with my Clubman, so I dropped it at the dealer yesterday and picked it up this am....turns out a vacuum line had come off the control valve mounted under the intake manifold.

Car runs so much better now!

Price was very reasonable (1 hour labor for diagnostic time) and I had the use of a new Countryguy while mine was in hospital.

Highly recommend Baron MINI in KC!

11. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
  12. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    I ordered (2) bottle of Motul RBF 600 Factory Line Dot-4 100 Percent Synthetic Racing Brake Fluid.

Getting ready for Summer wheels to go on and then its off for its yearly Brake Flush and Alignment for the Dragon.

57 Days, 01 Hours, 56 Minutes, 26 Seconds
    :devil::devil::Thumbsup::beer

13. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 0 / -0
    Dave, how often d you change your brake fluid?

14. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Once a year in the Spring before the Dragon. My car only goes 5K a year. :Thumbsup:

Unless I change the rotors and pads, then I do it again.

15. caseydog

caseydog Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    I parked my MINI at the airport, again. It is another few weeks of heavy travel. It is in a secure lot, with covered parking. We are just entering hail-storm season. Got to keep the car in covered parking.

I'm shooting a 1972 Ferrari 512BB tomorrow. The current owner bought the car new!

CD

16. caseydog

caseydog Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    Oh, BTW, I spent the whole morning and early afternoon shooting some cars in Dallas, and went straight to the airport.

Well, my camera bag got pulled for an enhanced inspection. It got swabbed, and my cordless mouse got a positive result for explosives. So, I get a pat down, and my clothes tested positive for explosives, too. So, I got another pat down from a supervisor, and my clothes still tested positive for explosives.

By this time, I figured it was because I spent six hours up-close with old cars that don't burn fuel very efficiently, and leak all kinds of fluids. I often finish a photoshoot smelling like a gas station attendant.

After two positive results, they called in a TSA explosives expert, and after about ten minutes, he cleared me. I went straight to a bar.

I do have to say that everyone involved from the TSA was courteous and professional. Then again, I wasn't angry -- they were just doing their jobs. Plus, now I have a funny story to tell.

CD

17. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Well.....

You really need to stop buying from those sketchy roadside fireworks shops you see along the side of the freeways down south....:D

[​IMG]

18. Qik

Qik Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    IT
    Atlanta-ish
    Ratings:
    +811 / 0 / -0
    Finished up my intake last night. Sounds great, and not too loud like the previous DOS inspired setup. A lil 130° bend, some carbon fiber tubing and a sheet of dynamat on the firewall quiet things up nicely. I don't know why but IAT's stay at ambient (at idle and normal driving) unlike the stock setup. Thinking that long ass tube on the factory setup that passes thru the engine compartment gives the air time enough to jump up about 5-8 degrees. IntakeHoses.com is a good source for some intake bits.
    Bitsy Intake2_zpsukmylcr8.jpg
    Bitsy Intake2_zpsukmylcr8.jpg

Attached Files:

19. Savvy

Savvy Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Apr 16, 2010
    Mechanical Engineer/DA Civilian
    DE
    Ratings:
    +2,024 / 0 / -0
    Took it for a short drive to the local Penske truck rental place. The 16' truck was a bit overkill... but the weather made it worth it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Total of 19 windows. Staged and ready to chew up my summer weekends.

20. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Are you sure those will all fit the Mini?:D