Brakes Wheels 2nd Gen Tires Nitto Motivo A/S Tire Review

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by Z06_Pilot, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Z06_Pilot

Z06_Pilot Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jun 12, 2013
    Network Design Engineer
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +263 / 0 / -0
    Hi folks,

We ordered the 19" wheels for our R60 JCW which came with Pirelli P-Zero performance RF tires. they are pretty sticky tires and worked well on the Dragon last September.

However, wow, do they suck in snow !

We tried a couple of times with snow hoping the All4 system would help us out. All 4 wheels turning all the time is fantastic in the snow, but the Pirelli's just could not hold the line.

Put on the Motivo's two weeks ago, and have had them in two different snow/ice storms. They are simply fantastic. No more plowing of the front end when turning in snow/slushing conditions. No more "hunting" of the tires when running at higher speeds on the interstates with ice/snow. They really inspire confidence in nasty conditions. Also had them in a rainstorm a week or so ago-fantastic.

They are decent in dry conditions conditions. I have been able to get them to chirp a few times through spirited turns, something I never could do with the P-Zeros, but IMO, they are a great all weather tire.

Highly recommended and, a really great price at Discount Tire :Thumbsup::Thumbsup:

2. CFMINI

CFMINI New Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Tech Support
    Corona, CA
    Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    Nitto Motivos

I have been running Nitto Motivos on one of my R53's for a couple of months now. 215-45/17 size. They are hard as rocks when cold, but when they warmed up they are a decent tire for twisties, I would not use them on the track. I have previously gone through a couple of sets of Nitto Neo Gen tires on that car where the fronts lasted about 20k miles and I am hoping to get lots of miles out of these tires with their 560 tread wear and 60,000 mile warranty.

I have no complaints about their rain performance, I have not driven them in snow. They do tramline pretty severely once that behavior starts. All in all I would recommend them as they were priced at $103 at Discount Tire Zone.

3. rum4

rum4 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 17, 2011
    SC
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 0 / -0
    I had them on my Clubman and they are a good tire. Be careful if you use them on the track, they warmer they get the greasier they get.

4. Z06_Pilot

Z06_Pilot Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jun 12, 2013
    Network Design Engineer
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +263 / 0 / -0
    Oh, not to worry. These are just to get us through the winter months. I will be buying the 19" NM engineering CM-specific wheels in the Spring with Michelin Pilot Super Sports for Summer street duty :Thumbsup: