Brakes Wheels 2nd Gen Tires Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 Review

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by caseydog, Dec 2, 2014.

1. caseydog

caseydog Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    I replaced my tires about a month ago, and thought I'd share my experience, so far.

I had planned to buy Michelins, as I am prone to do. But, My R56 CooperS has 95K miles, and money is tight, so I did some shopping.

I looked at a review of high-performance all-season tires, and was rather shocked to see the Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 rated pretty darn close to similar Michelin tires I was favoring, for 300 bucks less for the set.

I decided to take a chance.

I've got about 1,000 miles on them. Half of it is Dallas driving, which is 50/50 stop-and-go and freeway. I also took a long trip over the Thanksgiving weekend. I drove from Dallas to Houston on I-45. I Drove from Houston to Port Arthur on I-10. Then, I drove from Port Arthur to Dallas on country roads through East Texas.

I had been very pleased with these tires in Dallas on dry and wet roads. They were also excellent on the interstates -- and I think I actually got better gas milage this trip. That could be the tires, or any number of other factors.

Driving home through East Texas on mostly two-lane, sometimes winding roads, I drove into a cold front, which included periods of rain. I never felt any angst driving on the rain soaked black-top roads, where the speed limit was often 75.

I have always been a bit of a tire snob. But, I have to tell you, I like these Hankooks.

CD

2. Motoring Magic

Motoring Magic New Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Dec 13, 2009
    Motoring Magic Owner, Ventura County's ONLY MINI s
    Thousand Oaks, Vta cty, socal
    Ratings:
    +266 / 0 / -0
    #2 Motoring Magic, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
    WELCOME TO THE CLUB!

I am continually talking customers out of continentals and michelins for these and everyone has the same end opinion-they are great!:Thumbsup:

edit: that is what is on my own car as well!

3. Zapski

Zapski Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +938 / 0 / -0
    Good to know, thanks!