My MINI is sick.

Discussion in 'Chicago MINI Motoring Club' started by buttonbag, Apr 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. buttonbag

buttonbag Active Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    #1 buttonbag, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
    Failed power steering pump :(

It's a good thing I live in Chicago where we have MINI of Chicago. Has anyone else had the MINI of Chicago experience? Those guys are awesome!

The downside is, I won't be able to join in on the Spring Drive this Sunday. The good thing is I'll get new OEM parts so I'll have peace of mind. The really really good part is, I opted for the aftermarket warranty so I won't have to pay the $1200 estimate.

As for now, I'll just have to scratch my driving itch by playing Gran Turismo where I have an almost exact digital version of my MINI. Which brings up a good question, how do my fellow MINIacs deal with not being able to drive for a while?

*Oh and yeah, public transit sucks. Their people never want to deal with people and they never have the right answers to any questions.*

2. Ernesto

Ernesto Club Coordinator

May 16, 2009
    Oracle DBA
    Skokie Ill
    Ratings:
    +646 / 0 / -0
    Bummer.. No loaner car?

I had an accessory belt break (due to a worn out pulley) and an almost overheat condition after leaving an event at MINI of Chicago last year, and they took good care of me after I had the car towed back there.

I had a power steering pump fail early on while the car was under warranty.
    The second time it started leaking I had an independent shop take a look, and they fixed a bad hose connection and have had no troubles since.

3. buttonbag

buttonbag Active Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0