Last Call

Discussion in 'Chicago MINI Motoring Club' started by zinful, Aug 19, 2010.

1. zinful

zinful MINI of the Month - August 2010

May 23, 2009
    Retired
    Just west of the gateway arch
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This is the final reminder for the Saint Louis Mini Club Balducci Winery Run to be held on Saturday, August 28th. We will depart from the parking lot behind the Starbucks located at 4581 Highway K, O'Fallon, MO 63366. This is just north of Highway 40/64 on Highway K. Be ready to MOTOR By 10;30 AM Sharp.

Everyone will receive a window sticker as shown above, ½ off your first bottle of wine and a chance to participate in a raffle to benefit BACKSTOPPERS.

Following is a partial list of items in the raffle. MINI roof mounted bike rack, official MINI motoring gear, which will include a Cuckoo Clock, a Dinan R53 cold air intake, 2 some round of golf with cart at Creve Couer golf course, grill badge holders, many dinner certificates, theater tickets, model cars, key racks, Mini Books, coat racks, a stay at the Ritz, items from Mini Mania, Mini Fini, American Mini Mates, Prima Car Care, Solo Performance Specialties, Out Motoring, MC2 Magazine, really just too many things to mention, let me put it this way, you’ll want to win something and at the same time, the raffle proceeds go to an outstanding cause.

A great cruise through the beautiful Missouri wine country, rain or shine. Don’t miss this one!

Don’t forget a camera and a two way radio if you have one.

2. zinful

zinful MINI of the Month - August 2010

May 23, 2009
    Retired
    Just west of the gateway arch
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Be Aware

MODOT, didn't check with us, and I just found this out. Leave early for the Balducci Run, 40/64 will be closed at the river next weekend. I suggest you take 270 north to the Page Avenue Extension, then take 94 south to 40/64.
    If you are attending from out of town, I would suggest staying in the St. Charles Area, there is plenty to do there and then all you have to do is drive down Hwy 94 to 40/64 and you will be one exit from our starting point. See below:

HOME >> stlouis >> news and information >> MoDOT St.Louis Area District News Release
    MoDOT St. Louis Area District News Release
    Prepared by Andrew Gates 314/453-1808
    August 13, 2010
    MoDOT to close westbound Route 40 for Boone Bridge repair work
    ST. LOUIS - The Missouri Department of Transportation and its contractor, St. Louis Bridge, will close all lanes on westbound Route 40 in Chesterfield at 8 p.m. Friday, August 27 for repair work to three bridges, including the Daniel Boone Bridge over the Missouri.
    The crews will close the highway from Long Road to the Missouri Research Park interchange on westbound Route 40 to reset bearings, replace expansion joints and repair splice plates on the Boone Bridge. They will use the closure to continue work on the Spirit of St. Louis Boulevard Bridge and the Chesterfield Airport Road bridge while the roadway is closed.
    The roadway will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, August 30.
    The signed detour for the closure will be I-270 to I-70.
    The repair work on all three bridges will require up to two more weekend closures to complete. Currently, plans are to have westbound Route 40 closed from 8 p.m. Sept. 10 until 5 a.m. Sept. 13 and from 8 p.m. Sept. 17 to 5 a.m. Sept. 20, 2010.
    "We understand that this will be an inconvenience to many of our customers," said Karen Yeomans, West St. Louis County Area engineer. "We want to complete this repair work while we still have good weather,and working around the heavy fall schedule of winery travel, holiday shopping and other interstate work in the region."
    This preventative maintenance work is needed to ensure that the Boone Bridge remains safe for the 75,000 vehicles which use it daily.
    Plan ahead to avoid work zones by calling 1-888-ASK-MODOT or visiting our website at Missouri Department of Transportation.
    Travelers can get up-to-the-minute traffic information on interstates or major state routes by dialing 5-1-1 from most cell phones; if 5-1-1 isn't available from your telephone, please dial 877-478-5511 (877-4STL-511).