2nd Gen R55 Clubman Driver door won't open

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by amataurus, Nov 27, 2013.

1. amataurus

amataurus New Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all, I am very new to the Mini world. I just purchased (through dealer exchange) a used '08 Clubman S.
    A few problems already :mad2:
    1. It seems the driver side door won't open - I have to push the handle/door in while simultaneously unlatching/pulling on door handle. (it opens just fine from the inside). Is there some fix I can do... Really not prepared to take it to the dealer.
    2. Only one key - should I order from new keys (One or two?) from the dealer or try ebay/online and reprogram myself?
    3. Sunroof won't open - just barely cracks but does not slide back. - it being winter, i'm not too concerned about this fix now.
    4. Reverse lights are not white - can I easily replace these on my own
    5. One fog light is out - any idea if I can do that on my own?
    .... no owners manual.... Ugh, I know i can get online version... but there is something about a real paper book that makes me feel better.

I love the way it drives... going from a Chevy Avalanche to a Mini was a big change.

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Welcome to M/A the FUN Mini site. :Thumbsup:

When you say you purchased through dealer exchange did you get any type of warranty?

3. amataurus

amataurus New Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No. Friend is a dealer and purchased the car for me.

4. eMINIparts

eMINIparts Well-Known Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Mar 13, 2012
    MINI Parts Advisor
    Bedford NH
    Ratings:
    +1,090 / 0 / -0
    Door latch , door lock cable , and outer handles are kind of common. The door latch can be getting stuck. Make sure the door is alligned correctly and not sagging.. Sunroof needs to be lubed , check the track make sure nothing is jammed.....There is only 1 reverse light on the Clubman...Should be a clear bulb....Fog light should have a access panel on the fender liner.........Take care of MINI and MINI will keep you smiling...:D

5. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    If you tell us where you live someone may be able to direct you to a non-dealer MINI mechanic who can help.

6. amataurus

amataurus New Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Fairfax, VA

7. minime331

minime331 New Member

Jan 27, 2012
    washington dc metro area
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Hey I'm in Fairfax va as well. Try posting a thread up on dcmetrominis.org we've god some good handy people also try c3m just across the Potomac. Also down in Manassas there is a shop called ptunning