2nd Gen R55 Clubman New Clubman owner new Exhaust???

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by MattMiniBlue, Dec 31, 2014.

1. MattMiniBlue

MattMiniBlue New Member

Dec 28, 2014
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello All! I already told some of you about my new 2010 Clubman S. I am looking at putting a new exhaust system on it. I would like to know some good options for this system. I am looking at getting the Magnaflow exhaust off the outmotoring website. Has anyone used this product?

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Magnaflow is ok but do they offer the Milltek exhaust for your clubbie?

3. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,718 / 0 / -0
    Get an estimate for a custom exhaust from a good exhaust shop. It may be better and cheaper than a commercial set up.

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Welcome, thanks for joining Motoring Alliance, the FUN and Friendly MINI Community.

5. rckrzy1

rckrzy1 Member

Jul 14, 2015
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Ok I speak from alot of experience.

The best my car sounded was with factory DP/CAT , remove 2nd cat and res and remove both mufflers, installed a AERO Turbine were the 2nd cat and res was. It sounded louder, deeper, bad a$$ .

Then I pulled the factory DP/Cat for a catless DP, OMG it was so loud, so poppy, not drivable, can't beleieve how much of a muffler the cat was.

Then I began chasing that good sound. Added the factory res back , it helped but not happy, replaced all with a highly recomended resonator only, way too loud.
    Then put in 11113 magnaflow mufflers( 3.5x7x14" ovals) in, then way to quiet, took vibrant res out, and still too quiet.

Current set up is catless DP, a ton of splices and 2 magnaflow 1113's , too quiet.

SO scrapping it ALL. Getting 2.5" DP back custom to maganflow 2.5" Y and going to run 2 magnaflow 4" round 2.5" in/out .
    This should get me louder for sure as right now it's stock quiet.

Right now the only DP back offered is the milltek but I'm not spending $1200 , the magnaflow system is a 2nd cat back system, not wanting that since I would still have the factory pipe in front which is about 2".

This car has been the hardest car I ever owned to get it to sound good. I had the great sound but once I went to stage 2 manic and catless all that went out the window.

So if your not going to go catless I highly recommend the aero tubine method.

6. rckrzy1

rckrzy1 Member

Jul 14, 2015
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    And now after a week I'm going to put a vibrant 1792 ( small resonator ) inline to reduce or stop the buzzing inside, not so much a drone but a high freq vibration at certain rpm, and it is a wee bit too loud so hopefully this will make it just right. All though it sounds bad arse , especially under bridges.:cornut:

7. MothAudio

MothAudio New Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Retired
    Columbus
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    #7 MothAudio, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    Just placed an order for the Aero Turbine AT2525 muffler from Moe's.

Update: Installed Aero Turbine [2525] muffler. Also re-positioned the straight pipe coming off the resonator that was contacting [stock] chassis brace, causing noise. And I thought my RSB bushings were shot. Maybe they are but the new muffler is "muffling" whatever squeak I was hearing.