Horsepower Increase? - Motoring Alliance :: MINI Cooper Forums
Motoring Alliance :: MINI Cooper Forums   Motoring Alliance :: MINI Cooper Forums
Home Register Reviews Gallery M/A Store Library Support M/A Sponsors Clubs Garage Search Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Motoring Alliance :: MINI Cooper Forums > 2nd Generation MINI > Tuning & Modification :: 2nd Generation MINI > Cooper S / Clubman S Engine & Drivetrain

» Random Garage

Indi

buddy
» Ad Links
Advertisement

Advert

» Ad
Register now to remove the above ad
Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
Stage 0 - Stock

Horsepower Increase?

I was wondering if there are any shade tree things that can be done to increase HP on a 2011 cooper s
Old 07-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
MOTOR ON !!!

First, believe me when I say I'm not being a smart arse or condisending...the best thing to do is to paeticipate in some HPDE's and fine tune your driving skills. Your S as built will rarely be pushed to use all the horsepower it currently has. The power to weight ratio and the go cart handling make it one of the most fun experiences out there. Once you have taken it to its limits, start improving its performance. Just my opinion.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
Stage 2

This couldn't be more true. Spend money on education, tires, suspension, and brakes first. Adding power to the MINI is kind of like adding a cherry on top of a big ice cream sundae.

Studies show 100% of people die, so you might as well have some fun while you're at it.
countryboyshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
Motoring Alliance Founding Sponsor

The first thing I would do to add power to a 2011 MCS would be add a Forge FMIC, it will give you power you will actually feel. Then you can other parts like discharge pipe, downpipe and so on.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
Stage 4

Well since these motors are already stressed enough, I would concentrate on upgrading the suspension, feeling how my 03 S,compares to my wives 09 S, a nice tight suspension will do wonders.

Hers: 09 MCS SOLD

Hers: 06 JCW Convert.

Ours: 2011 Chrysler T&C

CUSTOM MINI SHOP
....559-320-0004

MidCal MINIs
jiminni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #6
Stage 4

The suspension is already better than my driving skills will let me drive, so improving the suspension is the last thing on my list of mods. Making it go faster is just fun and I can do that in a straight line!

A bigger intercooler and/or water-meth injection and more open exhaust will give you more oomph!

Dave

2010 Chili Red Cooper S Clubman, Automatic.

Shade tree mechanic

http://www.motorists.org/
DneprDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #7
RMW POWERED

I would say buy one of the best FMIC you can buy and not get a copy cat one.

Helix Motorsports

Helix Stepped Core Intercooler
Helix is proud to be the innovator of the world's first Stepped Core Intercooler.

The Helix Stepped Core Intercooler design has a bigger frontal ambient face combined with thicker-than-stock core that seals to the radiator fan/shroud. The cast end tanks have factory charge pipe angles. Unlike stepped-core copies that have surfaced, the Helix SCI features cast end tanks for reduced turbulence and bull-nosed bars on the ambient face as well as the hot side of the intercooler.

This increases air flow across the face of the intercooler as well as reducing pressure drop through the core. The core of the Helix SCI has increased fin density and will flow 250 horsepower with only a 0.5PSI pressure drop, while greatly reducing heat soak.

Installation is relatively straight forward and requires no cutting, drilling or permanent modifications to your vehicle.

Please see the graphs to the left showing the results from the data logging of our stock R56, with only the Helix Stepped Intercooler installed. The graphs compare intake manifold temperatures between the stock intercooler and the Helix SCI as datalogged on the street in similar conditions

05 MINI JCW "The Mistress"
RMW Powered, Helix built w/ Meth
For full spec's & mods see list in my garage.

YFM
Dave.0
Dave.0 is offline   Reply With Quote