2nd Gen R56 Cooper S R56 S/JCW iPE Innotech Exhaust Review

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by ra2fanatic, Aug 30, 2013.

1. ra2fanatic

ra2fanatic New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I've shared this on NAM and M|U. I figure it would helpful to share this information to all that may want a badass exhaust system...

As some of you know, I have a build thread circulating, but I wanted to take a moment to reach out and let members know of a new system that hasn't seen the light of day until I became the first member forum, or no forum, to get this system installed. iPE Innotech. The Taiwanese company is synonymous to exotics. Their systems have been on Lambos, Ferraris, McLarens, and now a MINI.

I was intrigued with the system because of its valvetronic capabilities and also the simple fact that no one has ever heard it in person, not even any sound clips anywhere! I try to be different and think outside the box and I'm not afraid to spend on quality parts, so when I spoke to iPE, the conversation led me to Lance and Vince @ GT Auto Concepts. These guys are great. They are also known as DuelL AG North America and having seen their DuelL AG MINI in person, I was impressed with DuelL's quality and the shops interest in the Asian market for Euro cars.

Drove up to SF from LA on Wednesday morning at around 2:30am and came home the same night at midnight. It was a long tiring day/drive, but The guys there took care of me, they were equally impressed with the quality of the system and the intoxicating sound that it bellows in it's On and Off modes.

The system comes with 2 remotes. Each remote has an ON, OFF, and AUTO mode. While in On mode, the system is brutal. It sounds amazing! I had Akrapovic before, and this just blows it out of the waters. It's not obnoxious which was something I was afraid of since I've never seen or heard the system, but when it was first tired up and rev'd, I knew I hit the jackpot, this was IT. The system to beat.

In OFF mode, the system is subtle, your wife/gf/significant other will love you, she will compliement the smart choice of having it off for her while you're driving her around town, but the MINI she's gone, ON it goes and you're wailing along in the city with everyone looking at you. It's so smooth that you want to rev the crap out of it and with the bit of low end torque lost, what you gain up top from the catless downpipe, is a dream.

In AUTO mode, Vince set the system to activate from OFF to ON at 4000 RPM. So when it reaches 4K, it immediately opens the valves and the deep note from the system can be heard. It's such a smooth transition and you'll notice the visceral sound different and power immediately.

Easily one of the most expensive systems out there. It will make you turn 180 quickly, but it will reward you if you don't. Keep in mind, like any downpipe for the R5x generation, a O2 sensor CEL will come up. It happened to me 150miles into the drive back down to LA. An easy fix to this would be either running an AP if you have the tune, or getting the BMS CAN Tool which can deactivate the light.

I'm the first in the US with this system, and I hope I'm not the last. If you guys need a reference before you speak to Lance or Vince at GT Auto Concept just let me know and I can have them contact you.
    IMG_2376_zps72f3d00e.jpg IMG_2374_zps5dad29a0.jpg IMG_2365_zps14430fb7.jpg photo-2_zps4aaf3dd9.jpg photo-6_zps549ab0c6.jpg

Cold Start:
    [ame= iPE Innotech Exhaust System ~ Cold Start - YouTube[/ame]

OFF, ON, AUTO:
    [ame= Mini Cooper S/JCW iPE Innotech Exhaust System - YouTube[/ame]

2. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Curious, where in the system is the valving done?

Sounds good in the short videos, Thanks for those....

Approx. cost?

Sweet build it appears.

Don

3. ra2fanatic

ra2fanatic New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    IMG_2367_zpsf6b139d9.jpg

This little guy helps to control the valves. Cost is upwards of the Akrapovic turbo back system for reference. So you're looking at $2500+ :devil:

4. versus

versus Active Member

Sep 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Any word on how this system is treating you long term? I'm curious.

5. ra2fanatic

ra2fanatic New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Oh man, haven't been on here in a long long time, but I have to say it's been great! Haven't had a single issue and it's been great. No complaints after 8 months!!