2nd Gen R56 Cooper S New Engine w/ 2yr Warranty Installed, now what?

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by Bster13, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Bster13

Bster13 New Member

Dec 26, 2013
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I've taken delivery of a 2007 w/ a new engine, installed by my local dealer on their dime prior to me purchasing the car.

My wife has a 2012 MINI and we follow the recommended service intervals (with an extra oil change thrown in) for her car.

Do I now receive free oil changes when the service interval reminds me? Do I just keep receipts of when I change the oil and performance maintenance?

With the carbon buildups on these engines I want to do everything by the book.

Also, how long is break-in and what RPD should I keep it under (varying the revs)?

Thx.

2. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    On your 07 I do believe your oil changes are on you, unless you got a contract with MINI for the changes.

Keep all your receipts and plan on getting the carbon blasted out at 50K, watch the water pump for leaks around 60K, the HPFP is under a 100K warranty. Keep track of the timing chain and tensoner noises.

Otherwise, good to go and congratulations, the N14 engine does take a little more care, with frequent oil changes.

I make the brash assumption this is an 07 R56 S.

Don

3. Bster13

Bster13 New Member

Dec 26, 2013
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Yes an R5, MCS.

Cruddy thing is I have a stockpile of Castrol Syntec 5w-30 I'd like to use, but obviously I won't have a receipt for each time...just thought of this, I can take a picture or two each time or only buy one oil filter at a time and keep that receipt.