2nd Gen R56 Cooper S Valet Mode?

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by Qik, Dec 14, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Qik

Qik Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    IT
    Atlanta-ish
    Ratings:
    +811 / 0 / -0
    G'day folks. So since MCM got a Mini I've been a tad obsessed with watching them. They mentioned a valet mode whilst making supergramps that turns off boost while the car is being parked by a stranger and basically it can't get abused by the valet. I'm having my car worked on tomorrow (pot hole from hell f'd up my front driver side strut tower,control arm bushing and bent a rim) and I'm worried that someone is gonna take Bitsy Mae out and beat the **** out of her to "test" their work. Is there anything like this valet mode in an R56S? I'd like to take all the joy out of driving her while she's getting her knee replacement surgery.

2. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    Nope... Nothing like that...

3. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    The Cobb tuner for the 2nd gen cars has that feature. I had one for my WRX and anytime it was in someone else's hands for work I set it on valet mode.

They don't sell the new for MINIs any more but you can find them used. Just make sure they have been properly unmarried from the car. It's a good tuner and lets you switch between stages.

4. Qik

Qik Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    IT
    Atlanta-ish
    Ratings:
    +811 / 0 / -0

Thanks! I had to drop her off yesterday evening, but I'll check into this Cobb tuner