1st Gen R53 Cooper S Removing dash vent

Discussion in '1st Generation: 2002–06 R50, R53 & 2004–08 R52' started by Guapish_Fliver, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Guapish_Fliver

Guapish_Fliver New Member

May 31, 2016
    Pimpin
    Da wess
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    #1 Guapish_Fliver, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    My boost gauge is dangling and I want to remove my dash vent so I can run my boost gauge plumbing through the vent. I saw this picture does anyone know how to do this? The first thing I need to figure out how to remove the vent so I can use my Dremel on it and cut out a spot for the gauge. I need to remove the vent to drill a hole in the climate control plumbing for the boost tubing. I meant to post this in second gen forums but same difference..

I could buy this this thing for 30 bucks but I want to use my Dremel and would still need to know how to remove old vent.

http://importimageracing.com/ati-60mm-vpod-2007-2012-mini-cooper-s.html?gclid=CjwKEAiAkajDBRCRq8Czmdj-yFgSJADikZggD_DBaZvSs8QoNptNGjC0c2LFmWUH5CO1SSsEZCeiphoC9sHw_wcB

Attached Files:

2. Guapish_Fliver

May 31, 2016
    Pimpin
    Da wess
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. Guapish_Fliver

May 31, 2016
    Pimpin
    Da wess
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I still can't figure out how to get the silver trim off the left vent on an r56 so I can get to the vent tabs. The p3 instructions are for the center vent I'm not sure if it's different. I tried spinning it and I can't get a grip on it. Something feels like it's about to break so I stopped. Is there a trick to get the vent off.