Dodo juice "Ferrous Dueller"

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by M1N1, May 23, 2016.

1. M1N1

M1N1 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Tool and Die Maker
    NW Ohio
    Ratings:
    +330 / 0 / -0
    When spraying the crap off the MINI during the winter months, I noticed little specks of "rust" on the hatch. Especially showed up on the white bit. It almost looked like someone had sprinkled iron filings on the car, and that they had rusted.

After a search on the interweb, I ordered some of Dodo Juice's "Ferrous Dueller".

When I got home from work yesterday, I decided to give it a try, and remove the rusticles.

I rinsed/washed/rinsed/dried the MINI, and set to work with the Dueller (man, does that stuff smell!!!!) and clay bar. The iron filings/particles turn a purple color when the Dueller takes effect. After the Dueller/clay bar treatment, I rinsed/washed/dried the car again, and applied some DJ Purple Haze. Hatch looks good now, no rusticles.

If I get next weekend off work, I'm going to try DaveO's special treatment on the black trim.

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Great job!

Next time when you are ready for a full detail. Wash your car and rinse it. Then try spraying your whole car down with DJ Ferrous Dueller and let it sit for 10 Min. then rinse and wash again.

It will pull everything out before you clay, rinse, dry and polish and wax or seal your car.

The less crap in or on your car before you clay the less you will be trying to polish dirt.

3. M1N1

M1N1 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Tool and Die Maker
    NW Ohio
    Ratings:
    +330 / 0 / -0
    Dave,

Plan is to do the car this coming holiday weekend. I'm hoping to get at least 2 days off work, and the "MINI-do" list is getting longer. Detailing, ball joints, crank sensor o-ring, Redline MTL, etc.

4. M1N1

M1N1 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Tool and Die Maker
    NW Ohio
    Ratings:
    +330 / 0 / -0
    Just did the whole wash/rinse/dry sequence before applying the Ferrous Dueller, and doing the clay bar routine. Sprayed the whole car with FD, and it's amazing how much of the car turns purple. One complaint about the FD, however. The suction tube does not go anywhere near the bottom of the bottle.:mad5:

Going to order the gallon size, and just keep refilling the 16 ounce spray bottle.

5. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    ^^^ I know what you mean and that's why I transfer everything I spray into a Kwazar Mercury Pro + 0.5 Liter Trigger Spray Bottle 360 degrees. I toss out the bottles and $.25 spray triggers and use the Kwazar Pro 360's

I have about five or six of them and they are the best I have ever used and I have tried everything. I have them filled with tire dressing, rim cleanser, glass cleaners, drying spray, APC cleaner. I use a sharpie to write on each one and use a little Goop-Off to change the bottle name when needed.

https://www.detailersdomain.com/collections/sprayers-lights-misc/products/kwazar-mercury-pro-0-5-liter-trigger-spray-bottle-360-degrees