1. Unijambiste027

Unijambiste027 New Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good day! Does anyone know if there is an API (Application Programming Interface) available on the MINI? I would like to work on an application that will interface with the MINI's operating system. I have a few ideas in mind and would also like to port some of the features that are only available to IOS into the Android world.

Thanks!

2. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
  3. rkw

rkw Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    San Francisco
    Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -0
    I have done some work on a BMW/MINI Connected Android app at my workplace. Fundamentally, the API provides a remote display and buttons for an app running on the phone, so the car console can be used as a remote control for the app. The intended purpose is that a user can run and operate an app without pulling out the phone.

This is the core Connected API for 3rd party applications. When an app is running, it can push things to the screen and receive input from knob and buttons, i.e. it can use the car console like a dumb UI terminal. BMW must have private API for deeper access to car data and functions (e.g their iPhone LapTimer app), but you'd have to make arrangements with them.

4. daviday

daviday Active Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I don't remember if it was denison or another company that first introduced the adapter to piggyback off the connector on the e46. I'd see if you can get in touch with those guys.

Are we playing with a new mini?

5. Unijambiste027

Unijambiste027 New Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for the delay, thanks daviday, I will look into that connector. Yes I am playing with the new mini :)

I'm have tons of idea!!

6. daviday

daviday Active Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Well I'd imagine the connector is there on the new mini you're looking for the software?

7. daviday

daviday Active Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Wow I feel silly. Sending you a pm.