Prototype Aero Stuff Spy Shots

Discussion in 'Car Builds, Projects, Idea's Experiments' started by Nathan, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    This was lost in the Great Data Debacle of '10, or as someone said, it was toyota'ed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KC Jr 54

KC Jr 54 New Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Machine Operator
    Tyler, TX
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I can't wait for these items to be released, especially the rear diffuser.

3. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    Aerostuff

:cornut: Yeah....that Aerostuff looks cool/aggressive. I really like the rear(Boot?) stripes. I have rear stripes also and couldn't figure out why most of us didn't have them until I realized that Traditionally, Minis only had hood(bonnet) stripes.:Thumbsup: Jason

4. track-toy

track-toy MINI of the Month

May 4, 2009
    Test Driver
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I can't wait either! My car, as seen above with all the aero components, is ready and packed for the drive to The Dragon. This is where we will launch our product line. See you there!

Graham

5. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    I know the main goal of these was functional, but they really are nice looking pieces too.

I hope (pray) these will work on a non-aerokit MCS too...

Well, I was looking forward to adding power this year, but at the moment, since no tuner is coming to the area anytime soon, maybe I'll just go with the roll bar (number one priority) and add the aero stuff this year, and do the head/cam next year....

6. DixonL2

DixonL2 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Supply Chain Implementation Guy
    A bit north of the 'burgh, PA
    Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    I followed a G4 Autosport test mule with the diffuser and rear spoiler in the "poor man's wind tunnel" (a long rainy drive on open interstate). I could very definitely see the difference in rear air management between the G4-equipped R53 and a stock R53 and R50. I could see the upward "flow" of air from the diffuser under the car, and the general air management at the rear was cleaner. At one point we wan over some roadkill and it simply stood up and walked away alive! Nyahh, just kidding, but I did think it was going to get sucked up into the airflow (and sliced) because I could see the water spray getting thrown upward at the middle part of the car (not wheel spray). From the side I could see the spray getting deflected upward and back off the top spoiler, and kind of "filling in" from the bottom up. It seemed toe upper spoiler helped the air coming off the sides of the car fill in better in back, but that may have been an illusion. Was it perfect? Did it look like an Audi commercial in a wind tunnel? No - it was an interstate highway in the driving rain, and no I wasn't going to attempt pictures and driving at the same time in foul weather... but it did look much much better than the stock R53 toaster (like the one I drive), which had big furls of disturbed air roiling off the back.

No, I couldn't see spray flow off the canards in front.

Well done, gents.