Make:
Other
Model Year:
1996-2000
Body style:
Chassis Code:
General Color:
  • History:
    The KMZ factory is near the Dnepr River in Keiv, Ukraine. The Soviets named vehicles after nearby geographic locations. The factory was built in the mid 1950's and continued production until 2007. They were built exclusively for the soviet military until the late 1970s, when they started selling them to civilians and exporting them. At peak production, they built 20,000/month. After the fall of the soviet union, production slowly fell, until 2007 when fewer than 100 were made.

Mine was imported by the Russian American Motorbike Company, in Seattle, WA. They imported them as parts and assembled them using higher quality American made pieces, such as brakes, cables and carburetors. I found out about RAMCO while visiting the factory in Ukraine. I asked about importing one and they suggested that I just buy one from RAMCO, because they had already met EPA and DOT regulations.

RAMCO was only 60 miles from my house so, that's what I did.
  • Drivetrain Mods:
    Ported and polished heads, Edelbrock Quicksilver carburetors, Harley Davidson mufflers.
    Suspension Mods:
    Leading link front suspension, trailing arm rear suspension.
    Wheels and Tires:
    3.75 x 19 tires on 19" wire wheels
  • Packages:
    Dneprmatic transmission (Clutchless shifting four speed). Full time driven wheel on sidecar.
    Exterior Mods:
    I added another rear view mirror on the right.
    Interior Mods:
    See exterior
  • Ice Mods:
    Wind in the face is entertaining enough

Share this Item