Interior 1st Gen Valet Key Unlocking / Locking

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by jerseymini, Dec 7, 2012.

1. jerseymini

jerseymini New Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Hey,

Does anyone have this issue? I got a valet key from the dealer, and now when I use it to drive with, the lock continues to lock/unlock , until I get
    to appx. 40mph... Its very annoying .

The dealer said that the valet keys do that... sounds weird to me..

Got the valet key, so I can get a remote start installed, now I am not so sure to use this key, if the locks will continue to lock / unlock...

Thanks
    jerseymini

2. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    I think it's meant to do that as its only for valet, not to be used all the time.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it....

3. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    I do remember something like this with older Hondas when I was installing alarms and remote starters. You can use a valet key for the remote start since the car will only be "running" and not moving.

When you remote start your car it only needs the chip in the key to be near the cars ignition to override the OEM immobilizer system. You should not drive with that key as it for valet use as you have found out.
    They lock and un-lock so the $3.00 an hr. valet that works for tips does not lock your keys in your car.

Just so you know when you open you car with the non-valet key and put it in the ignition and turn it to the "on" position will override the valet key and its limited functions. If its like most remote starter system the car will shut off if you hit the brake and try and put the car in drive without "A real" key in the ignition and turned to the "on" position.

Good luck with your install and let us know how everything works our.

4. Kenny kustom

Kenny kustom New Member

Jan 24, 2015
    Ratings:
    +178 / 0 / -0
    I really hate bringing dead threads back to life.

But I am wondering if there is any more info on this.

I cannot lock the doors when driving the car, using the non remote key, or the valet key.