Children and the MINI - Page 3 - Motoring Alliance :: MINI Cooper Forums
Motoring Alliance :: MINI Cooper Forums   Motoring Alliance :: MINI Cooper Forums
Home Register Reviews Gallery M/A Store Library Support M/A Sponsors Clubs Garage Search Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Motoring Alliance :: MINI Cooper Forums > MINI Clubs - Country and Region > North America > United States > Midwest > Mid-Ohio Motoring

» Random Garage

Douglas

silhouette88
» Ad Links
Advertisement

Advert

» Ad
Register now to remove the above ad
Sponsor

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #21
Stage 3

This reminds me of this: Save the earth…kill the kids? | PassiveAggressiveNotes.com
Zapski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #22
Stage 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Evil View Post
This is where we are. My sone is 2 1/2 and a bit tall for his age and his little feet want to play soccer on the back of the seat.

Now I understand why my old man was so grumpy with a car full of kids and why the station wagon had a rear facing seat in back.

I would say that you are probably good in the mini until your kid is 18-24 months old.
Hummmm, back in the olden days, when I was a kid, my dad simply said, "sit still and don't kick the back of the seat" and I didn't, because I knew what would happen otherwise.

Jim

Old 08-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #23
Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbewley View Post
Hummmm, back in the olden days, when I was a kid, my dad simply said, "sit still and don't kick the back of the seat" and I didn't, because I knew what would happen otherwise.

Jim
Amen to that! I was the same way and the olden days for me were not that long ago
Justa Jim likes this.
Curves906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:15 PM   #24
Stage 2

Quote:
.. and I didn't, because I knew what would happen otherwise.
Amen, brutha, amen! Didn't take many "pull to the side of the road"s and my kids understood exactly the behavioral expectations, and the consequences. As I had, at their age, in the 1963 BelAir (283, clutch, and mom could chirp 'em into 2nd if she really wanted!).

And no, speaking directly of the elephant on the table, in no way was any of this even close to "abuse" in any form of the word.
Justa Jim likes this.

2014 President, PittStopMINI, Pittsburgh http://pittstopmini.org
"You guys are great entertainment. It's only funny because I understand."
DixonL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #25
Stage 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixonL2 View Post
Amen, brutha, amen! Didn't take many "pull to the side of the road"s and my kids understood exactly the behavioral expectations, and the consequences. As I had, at their age, in the 1963 BelAir (283, clutch, and mom could chirp 'em into 2nd if she really wanted!).

And no, speaking directly of the elephant on the table, in no way was any of this even close to "abuse" in any form of the word.
Well said. It truly was not abuse, it was called "discipline".

Jim

BTW: Is that word still in the dictionary?

Old 08-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #26
MOTOR ON !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbewley View Post
Well said. It truly was not abuse, it was called "discipline".

Jim

BTW: Is that word still in the dictionary?
Jim, it doesn't matter...no one uses a dictionary anymore, spell and grammar check does that for you....and no one can make change anymore either
Justa Jim likes this.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #27
Lost In The Weeds....

Quote:

Hah, Now there you go.... I wasn't thinking abuse of the kids, I was thinking about about how that 283 could handle "chirping" the tires, and that wasn't abuse, they were made to handle it....

Sitting in the third stall down, keeping extremely quiet while getting my M/A forum updates, and hoping management won't find me until after payday.
Metalman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:30 AM   #28
Stage 2

Bias ply, baby, bias ply!

(and before you say "Hey, that's not on topic, note the creative use of the word "baby" in a thread titled "Children and...". So there! :-P )

I do believe good parents are still out there. So are bad ones. I hate the directions the saying has taken, but "it takes a village to raise a child" applies, when done properly. I knew, for example, that if I crushed Mrs. Bolash's flowers while playing ball (and I did, accidentally, once... or twice), I was going to hear about it - and maybe get marched home with my ear in her hand while sad "ear" was still connected to my head! And my Mom wouldn't complain to Mrs. Bolash for marching me home, she would reinforce her expectations of my behavior relative to "respect for others' property"!

Old 08-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #29
Stage 5

Quote:
Bias ply, baby, bias ply!

(and before you say "Hey, that's not on topic, note the creative use of the word "baby" in a thread titled "Children and...". So there! :-P )

I do believe good parents are still out there. So are bad ones. I hate the directions the saying has taken, but "it takes a village to raise a child" applies, when done properly. I knew, for example, that if I crushed Mrs. Bolash's flowers while playing ball (and I did, accidentally, once... or twice), I was going to hear about it - and maybe get marched home with my ear in her hand while sad "ear" was still connected to my head! And my Mom wouldn't complain to Mrs. Bolash for marching me home, she would reinforce her expectations of my behavior relative to "respect for others' property"!
Man, does that bring back a few memories from days long ago.

Jim

Old 08-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #30
Stage 2

Yeah, my ear still hurts when I see a crushed flower...
Justa Jim likes this.