Wow, Second Date, You Should Get One

Discussion in 'MINI' started by isleofbones, Feb 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. isleofbones

isleofbones New Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Communications Director
    Long Island, New York
    Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Well, my salesman called this week and scheduled the mini "second date" for which I have been anxiously waiting. I had about 20 specific questions. These questions evolved as I drove my 2015 MCS. Issues such as music volume not diminishing while nav voice made announcements... to USB questions related to my smart phone... to A/C issues (comes on automatically, even when I was looking for heat). Anyway, my salesman took about a half hour and answered all of my questions. He is one of an increasingly rare commodity, salesmen who are actually experts in their knowledge of the product that they are selling. Most of the issues were based on some of my misconceptions / misunderstandings. The dealer topped off my gas too. The bottom line, I urge every new purchaser, especially older guys like me who aren't experts on technology, to take advantage of the second date. Good info, an opportunity to get the most out of your new mini.

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Very glad that this went so well for you.

Thanks for keeping us updated too.

You can name the Dealer and Salesperson if you like. No restrictions on that so long as it is not obvious shilling.

3. isleofbones

isleofbones New Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Communications Director
    Long Island, New York
    Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    BTW Nathan. The dealership is Habberstad in Huntington, New York and the salesman is George Karoumousis. Really nice and knowledgeable guy.

4. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Cool glad everything worked out. :Thumbsup:

5. Kenny kustom

Kenny kustom New Member

Jan 24, 2015
    Ratings:
    +178 / 0 / -0
    Ac comes on with defrost to dehumidify.

6. isleofbones

isleofbones New Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Communications Director
    Long Island, New York
    Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Kenny. Yes, defrost was coming on when auto climate control was engaged. Salesman explained it may not be desirable if cabin is not humid, windows are clear, etc. Mentioned that compressor robs engine of power unnecessarily (obvious), and I may not want to turn of a/c. Just one of the many questions I had.