Hangin' on the Curves & Pickin' the Cherries III

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by Maxicooper, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Maxicooper

Maxicooper New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    #1 Maxicooper, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
    "Cherries and Twisties" is back.

"All" are welcome

Come join us for a refreshing trip to the hills!

Sunday, June 28th.

Meeting in Frederick, MD at:

Frederick Towne Mall, main parking lot

1301 W Patrick St., Frederick, MD
    at 9 am, we will depart promptly at 9:30am.

Heading north we will work our way through the hills and curves of Gambrill State Park, Cunningham Falls State Park
    and down the winding ways of Catoctin Mountain National Park.

Total of 65 miles, Driving time of approx. 2 hours.

[​IMG]

After we've warmed up the rubber on our tires, we'll let them cool while we enjoy our brunch buffet. We will stop for brunch at:

Cozy's Restaurant

103 Frederick Rd / Rt.806

Thurmont, MD 21788

Cost: $17/person, included 10 main-courses buffet, deserts, beverages, tax and gratuities.
    (Note: Sunday buffet price is higher than other days, with more food selection !!!)

Kindly bring EXACT cash for the amount.

[​IMG]

Then it will be time to heading out for picking cherries at Pryor's Orchards in Thurmont.

[​IMG]

:D

For more detail, info updated and RSVP, please go to;

[ame=http://www.dcmetrominis.org/forums/showthread.php?t=215]Hangin' on the Curves & Pickin' the Cherries III - DC Metro MINIs Forums[/ame]

or

Central Maryland MINI Motorists, Meetup Group

:D

2. Maxicooper

Maxicooper New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Weather forecast updated for tomorrow, it looks better and better.

9 am
    70°F Mostly Sunny
    10 am 73°F Mostly Cloudy
    11 am 75°F Mostly Cloudy
    12 pm 76°F Mostly Cloudy
    1 pm 77°F Partly Cloudy
    2 pm 77°F Partly Cloudy
    3 pm 77°F Partly Cloudy
    4 pm 76°F Mostly Cloudy

Really beautiful day for motoring, gathering and cherriies picking indeed.

After the final route check, the road condition is great. Road surface is almost perfect in most area, if not all.

Big thanks to Bill (wolf617) for keeping company with me on the dry run.
    It was really fun ride. Only 2 MINIs on the twisties, so we had a chance to push our MINIs a little bit and wow.....all I can say is FUN !!!. :D

With the ideal weather we're going to have and a good road condition, I'm sure we're going to have a fun time tomorrow.

By the way, the orchard also said that the cherries will be at its peak this weekend as well.

3. Maxicooper

Maxicooper New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It was a blast on Sunday and what a great feeling to see a lot of MINI friends getting together at the event. What a number, 43 MINIs and 68 participants. I, myself, was really enjoy it and I hope everyone did the same.

This event wouldn't succeed without the help from our friends. First, thanks to Wolf617 who help brain storm on planning this event and for leading the "B" group. Thanks to both of our awesome sweepers, MINIrab and CR&PW&JB. What a team !!!! , we didn't leave anyone behind.

Also thanks to DCMM for wonderful clings, really nice touch indeed. Lastly, Big thanks to everyone, all the friends, who came and made today a wonderful day. Without all of you today, this event wouldn't have happened. You all are awesome.

Also I was really glad to see a lot of our MINI friends from DCMM, Central Maryland MINI Motorists, MONDO MINIs, and also Dan from Mach V. Its great to have you all joining us today. Hope you enjoy this and looking forward to see you all again in the future event.

Thanks again everyone and will see you all again soon, ......... realy soon.

Oh, btw, I really hope everyone enjoy "the twisties" part of the event.

[​IMG]