FREE This Weekend on Amazon - The Driver Book I and II- Go download them!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rob76turbo, Nov 14, 2014.

1. rob76turbo

rob76turbo New Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Hey Mini people, my new book The Driver Book II – Training is FREE on Amazon Kindle this weekend. The promo starts Friday Nov 14 through Sunday Nov 16. The URL is: The Driver Book II Training - Kindle edition by Robert Turner. Literature & Fiction Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

OK, if you got past that bombshell, let’s get down to business. Fact is; it’s hard to publish a book. Let me restate that. It’s easy to publish a book, anybody can write one and set it up to publish on Amazon. And to be frank, there is a lot of garbage out there in Kindle land. But there is good stuff too, superbly written stuff, amazing reads from authors that will never be discovered. Pity.

But The Driver series is different. It is aimed at you dear reader - someone that cares about a Mini, BMW, Porsche, Merc, Aud or maybe a combination of all of these, plus a whole bunch of old classic cars lurking in your garage. You are a Gear Head. It’s OK to admit it. I am, I do.

So why write a book about a racer, a guy living so close to the edge, the analogy of the balancing on the razorblade seems a bit…well dull. A guy that takes a leap into the underworld of being a Driver. Someone that plies their trade off the grid, under the radar, but with one big difference – they could be driving right into the arms of danger. You see these Drivers take people or things (or people and things) from Point A to Point B, but with one important distinction. They never really know what they are carrying. And that one fact means they are constantly living in a world of gray. Gray, the color of ambiguity, the shade of the shadows, that’s where a Driver lives.

The central character, Marc Lange is a good guy in his core. After all he’s a dedicated Porsche GT3 racer. It’s just that the team is almost broke. The Driver Book I is all about Marc decision, should he go against his better instincts and join the shadowy brotherhood of Drivers? Or not? Book II – Training picks right up where the action of Book I leaves off. And for this weekend you dear Motoring alliance forum reader can download Book I and II for free from Amazon. You read that right; I am throwing in Book I as a free down load too. Here is the URL: The Driver Book-I Decision - Kindle edition by Robert L. Turner. Literature & Fiction Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

OK enough of plugging my books, back to Porsche stuff that is near and dear to my heart (yes I own a Mini too). I have to tell you all, I sure do miss hanging around these parts. I really miss my Cayman S. I have owned eleven Porsches and that includes the mighty 930 Turbo, but I miss my Cayman S the most. The guy that bought it got a deal. A nicely set up road and track car with all the right options. I did buy another Porsche since I sold the Cayman. Actually come to think of it, I bought two. I purchased a very heavily modified 944 Turbo track car, but it was really too much. It needs more (meaning $$$) then I could give. It five hundred dollar’ed me to death. I only owned it about a year before I sold it. With the proceeds I was able to buy a 2001 Boxster S. It is a decent car, but it ain’t no Cayman S. And on a side note, I am doing my first track event with this weekend, so I have that to look forward to as you are downloading my book.

Oh did I mention download? Funny how I sneakily came back around to the fact that you can download The Driver Book I – Decision and The Driver Book II - Training this weekend. Take them for a test drive. If you do not like it, you can always return it. Oh wait, it’s free. Well you get the idea. But do me a favor – if you like it (and I think you will), leave a review up on Amazon. I would really appreciate it. Consider it the pay back for me giving you the book to begin with.

And on that exhaust note, see you all around!

2. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Ok what the heck I'll try your books. I thank your asking a high price though.:D
    Thanks for the freebie

3. vetsvette

vetsvette MINI Alliance Ambassador

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

4. rob76turbo

rob76turbo New Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! I really struggled with that price!!! Enjoy the read.

5. rob76turbo

rob76turbo New Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Hi Everyone,

I would like to thank you for downloading The Driver Book I - Decision and The Driver Book II - Training. Ended up with over 370 downloads this past weekend. Wow! Thanks! If you do not mind, please leave me a review on Amazon. That is how you sell more books. The more reviews (hopefully good ones, more is better better :burnout:). For those that did not download the books, the links are still good and you can purchase Book I - Decision for 0.99 cents and Book II - Training for 1.99.

6. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    I'm reading two books right now. As soon as I finish one of them I will start yours. I look forward to reading the book. I will leave a review.

Even though you like those over grown VW's.:devil: