Strange Missed Call

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Apok, Feb 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Apok

Apok New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Sadly, finance. The most boring job in the world.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    So I was out to dinner last night with the wife and step-daughter and my phone rang. Looked at it and didn't recognize the number figured they would leave a message. No message, so after dinner I googled the number and it cam up as the Ferrari dealer at MAG. Which is odd, because I don't own a Ferrari and have only gotten to sit in one once, compliments of MAG many years ago. I tried to call back hoping that maybe they decided to give me a free Ferrari, yeah right, but nobody seemed to have any idea why I got called. Just damned odd.

2. Zapski

Zapski Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +938 / 0 / -0
    Free Ferrari that only costs $20,000 each time it needs maintenance. ;)

3. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,876 / 10 / -3
    You missed your chance!

4. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    They are calling everyone on their customer contact list....

They just got a new batch of Ferrari 458 Spiders that are listed at $23,000 and they are selling like hot cakes...

[ame="http://youtu.be/OXIAOkyQ1FM"]http://youtu.be/OXIAOkyQ1FM[/ame]

5. Apok

Apok New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    Drive it for a week and then seel it before I have to pay the taxes on a free car, lol.

6. Apok

Apok New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    I would take one of those for that price.....

Ummm, is there a catch? Not a real Ferrari? Gotta do Paris Hilton with your own penis?

7. RallyMini370

RallyMini370 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Central America
    Ratings:
    +1,587 / 0 / -0
    Talking of strange calls: I got one once, this guys says Chris, I say yes, then he starts saying I'm lazy ass and customers are upset that I'm not delivering the parts on time, rant ,rant moan moan. I got a chance to interupt to say what are you talking about? he said you know, I said I don't, then all goes quiet . you are chris the parts delivery guy. nope! Oh damn I selected the wrong Chris off our computer system! hahahaha I would have loved to see his face!

8. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 0 / -0
    When I was a kid, Our phone number was one digit different from a local garden store.

We used to get wrong numbers from people calling the garden store all the time.

One evening, we were just sitting down to dinner and the phone rang, my Dad answered.

Dad later told us that the man on the line immediately started cursing and complaining about how his lawnmower wasn't fixed.

What we heard Dad say was, "Uh huh, uh huh, Well you can just stick your gaddam lawnmower up your gaddam a$$!" Then he hung up.

We often wondered what happened at the garden store when their angry customer showed up there.

9. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    We are still getting calls on one of our lines for the previous person 6 years after having it. Calls from people wanting to interview her for a job, her bank, her kid's school and day care.

10. Apok

Apok New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    It was actually the Mini Dealership cold calling for service appointments. I declined. Its a nice thought, but they wont likely ever see the car again unless something goes wrong that I am not able to fix myself. After all, my labor rates are cheaper and I can have a beer while I'm working.

11. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    If you find yourself in that situation I'd recommend taking your MINI over to Best Motor Werks. Anson can fix anything.

12. Apok

Apok New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    Thats more than likely where I would go. My one quick experience with them thus far was awesome. Plus they said my Mini was the quietest one they had in the shop, lol.