I dread Parking My MINI in parking lots...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Metalman, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    I will spend an inordinate amount of time searching for the perfect parking spot for my MINI.... I balance my wife's anger about the long walk across the empty parking lot, with visions of door dings on the MINI. I specifically look for one of those highly prized corner spots, thereby reducing the risk of paint damage by 50%....

Soooo, off to shopping after a nice healthy walk.... I put the parking concern way in the back of my mind, knowing full well I've outsmarted the general public...

Ah yes, done shopping... Leaving the department store, round the corner and what do I see.... A frickin mini van parked right next to my MINI in a mostly empty lot.... WTF.... A rusted out Chrysler mini van that is held together with stickers proclaiming nutjob stuff.... Don't eat animals... Don't eat vegetables, they have a right to coexist too... The stick family on the back window.... My dog's a Pug... Don't eat KFC, a chicken family is in that bucket... Sarah Palin for president... Stop the War, Why can't we all just be friends...

I can't even open the door for my wife because of the Mini van... Need to back it out just so she can get in.

Are there people out there trying to get even with people like me?

OK.... My wife knows I'm visibly upset but I finally calm down because no visible paint damage.... Not sure what I would have done if there was damage.... Crazy ideas popped into my head, but I let them go....

Wife asks what I want for dinner..... I think about it for a few minutes.... Smile and say... Hey, how about KFC.....:D

I wonder if these babies are made in my size....:idea:

[​IMG]

2. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    These guy's can park anywhere.....

[​IMG]

3. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

4. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    I those wheels for my zombie apocalypse vehicle. Cut them off at the knee so they can't run.

5. Zapski

Zapski Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +938 / 0 / -0
    Truth.

WTH Minivan owners? Do your joyless vehicles so drain you of sense and reason that you have no happiness left for others?

Every. Freaking. Time.

6. JECO

JECO Active Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Newsletter producer, retired DOT chief
    Crozet, VA
    Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I empathize completely, Metalman. Wherever parked, I look for dings now. I used to look for oil spots and low tires. But that was a long time ago!

7. Qik

Qik Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    IT
    Atlanta-ish
    Ratings:
    +811 / 0 / -0
    I do the same thing. Though, I have a hard time keeping my cool knowing someone deliberately went out of there way to park next to my car. I can understand if I parked like one of those tools who take up 2 spots, those punks deserve to be parked in. If I purposely park away from everyone and you park on top of my car... Your car will be slightly different than when you last saw it. Just sayin.

8. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    I parkit between the paint lines....

I drive the Dragon and know which side of the line to stay on and never drift over...

Parking lot lines are not an issue with me....:cool:

9. Qik

Qik Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    IT
    Atlanta-ish
    Ratings:
    +811 / 0 / -0

The 2 parking spot guys, if they park in the back away from the general population, I don't have an issue with that. It's the toolbags that park in by the crowd and take up 2, sometimes 4 spots.... drives me insane, But I'm a bit of a control freak so I'm really my own worst enemy.

10. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    I try to park between 2 newer more expensive cars that know how to put it the space. I figure 2 things 1. Since they know how to park they are a little more conscious of what they are doing. 2. Since the car is newer and more expensive they may care about it a little more.

Knock on wood it has been working so far.

11. whaap

whaap New Member

Jan 10, 2014
    retired
    Tucson, Arizona
    Ratings:
    +313 / 0 / -0
    I've parked in the far corner of a lot and returned to find an older car parked next to mine but I take a different look at it. Sure, my car is new, that's what I buy. The car next to mine might be close to a heap but for all I know it might have taken the owner two years to save up for the down payment and he's perhaps even more proud of his car than I am of mine. The fact he parked out of the way and next to me suggests he's as concerned as I am and because he knew I was particular he felt safe parking next to my car.

12. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    YES:mad2:

13. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Ok I like this, you are an optimist! Now that you have me thinking more positive, maybe they are a car nut and are protecting our cars for us.:biggrin5:

14. whaap

whaap New Member

Jan 10, 2014
    retired
    Tucson, Arizona
    Ratings:
    +313 / 0 / -0
    LOL. I've always considered myself a pessimist but when you think about it, a pessimist is nothing more than a well informed optimist.:wink: