Best telemarketer call ever!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by caseydog, Jul 23, 2016.

1. caseydog

caseydog Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    So, the iPhone rings today, and the caller ID shows "unknown." Normally, I'd ignore it, but I was bored, and thought I'd check it out.

I really expected to get a recorded message, but there was a live person on the line. He was very clearly calling from India. His accent was so thick, I could barely understand him.

So, he says he wants to tell me what is wrong with my computer. Okay, how does he know there is something wrong with my computer? :confused:

My reply, "oooookaaay."

He asks if I am near my computer, and I say, "yes."

He asks me to look at my keyboard. "Oooookay."

He asks me to look at the bottom left for a "control" key.

"Oooookay."

He asks what is next to that key.

"Left or right?" I ask.

To the left, he replies.

"There is a key with an fn on it," I reply.

He asks, "Is there a Windows key next to that?"

I tell him I have a Mac.

Pause, pause, pause.

"You are a sonofabich."

Um, What? (not quite holding back laughter)

"You are a sonofabich, sir."

Then he hung up and I busted out laughing.

He called me a sonofabich -- sir.

Poor idiot probably makes a buck-and-a-half a day. I'd gladly give him a dollar for adding some laughter to my boring day.

Just had to share.

CD

2. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,876 / 10 / -3
    Thats great! Its great being a Mac guy!

3. 00Mini

00Mini Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,977 / 6 / -5
    The gall of the guy calling you sir !! :biggrin5:

4. Sig

Sig Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
  5. ZippyNH

ZippyNH Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    Very polite thief....calling you a sir!!

6. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    A thief that had a proper upbringing...

His parents would be proud with the results of all their hard work....

7. Zapski

Zapski Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +938 / 0 / -0
    You'd be surprised how many people fall for those guys. And once they get in, they'll install key logging software and turn on your camera if available, and do all sorts of horrible things to try and steal all your money using your online banking credentials.

I have to clean up a few of those a month at work from hapless victims.

And after we've cleaned up the mess (nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure) those jerks call the victim back in a couple of weeks to try again.

I'm glad that you're savvy enough not to have fallen for that, and I'm happy he called you "sir"

8. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 0 / -0
    I use to get about one of those "Windows" calls a month, but then they got more and more frequent. I would tell the slime ball I didn't have a Windows computer, or I'd say I didn't have a computer.

But one day I got three calls in one day. I told the last one that he was an evil person and that he should drown himself in a lake.

It's been two months and I haven't recieved another of those calls.

9. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    ^^^ Lake pollution is against the law here in Ohio...

10. ZippyNH

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    The alternative is to act like you are about 90 years old....say lots of "what did you say sonny?!" And drag it out if you have time....then suddenly say....can I invest I you? You guys are a great bunch of thieves on a normal VOICE....of course this is after you wasted about an hour of their time....
    Last time I did this, it was the last time....never heard back from them....was once a weekly thing...
    Funny when they say they "work for Windows" and you tell them that Microsoft will sue their asses and Windows is a program, not a company and tell them their lunch break is over, and it's time to go back to their regular tech support job.....they kinda get quiet...and hang up. If YOU HANGUP you are still on the list...if they do, it seems you get off the auto callback list.
    The other part I love is if you start talking to them in a somewhat crude manner they say "I will have to have my supervisor come here to speak to you" and you you say "a common thiefs supervisor?! Great...thugs have bullies, bring him on over, I can wait"....they try to do anything to prevent having to hang up....

11. caseydog

caseydog Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    That was a first "windows" call, for me. He hung up before I could figure out his game.

I did start getting the "IRS is suing you" calls recently, but they are robo-calls. Scam calls are no fun with out a real person to mess with. :devil:

CD

12. Friskie

Friskie Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Highly motivated retiree
    In the here and now, for now.
    Ratings:
    +1,339 / 0 / -0
    I did get a legitimate 'offer' call years ago right at closing time at my small business. If I placed an order for 2,000 logo giveaway ball point pens I could win some great prize. I didn't want any but acted interested in the possibilities of winning something and had this guy would up for close to half an hour asking him all kinds of questions. I finally got bored with the process and finally told him 'Naw, I don't think so." and hung up. Made my whole day.
    These days the robo calls are so easy to spot with caller ID I won't answer.

13. ZippyNH

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    Gotta love the folks that think paying the IRS in "i-tunes" gift cards is normal....as is a shakedown by phone with threats of jail ...
    But I guess suckers are born everyday....

14. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    I get those a lot too. I ask him "which computer?" "Ah Ah Ah." "I have 6 here right now." "Ah Ah all of them." "So what is the IP address that they are send you the information from?"........
    Some times it's just fun to screw with them.

15. Friskie

Friskie Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Highly motivated retiree
    In the here and now, for now.
    Ratings:
    +1,339 / 0 / -0
    Gotta love two of the greatest philosophers of the late 19th and early 20th century: Phineas T Barnum "There's a sucker born every minute", and William C Dukenfield "Never give a sucker an even break". They've never been proven wrong.

16. whaap

whaap New Member

Jan 10, 2014
    retired
    Tucson, Arizona
    Ratings:
    +313 / 0 / -0
    I've had several IRS calls but the ones that make me laugh start off with the caller saying: "Hello, grandpa". As you probably already know, they go on to tell of the trouble they're in and need you to send them some money. I blew it on the first call I got and promised myself I'd play it for all I could if and when I got a second call. A few years later I got another one and instinct took over and I blew it before I had a chance to play it out. Maybe next time.

17. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    whaap....

Just type out a story-line and keep it right next to the phone and you'll be all set next time...:Thumbsup:

18. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 0 / -0
    My mom got a call in which they called her grandma. Nobody calls her grandma.

She said, "Jimmy?" She has three grandkids, none named Jimmy.

"Jimmy" said he'd had his wallet stolen and needed money wired to him in California.

She told "Jimmy" that of all her grandkids, she hated him the most and hung up.

She's pretty sharp at 88 years old!

19. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    I had a guy call me once from Sears trying to sell me siding and even confirmed my address and apt number.

Lets just say I was drinking (Pregame) and had over an hour and a half to kill so I decided to have some harmless fun. :devil:

I listened to the whole sales pitch and played like I was very interested in all the "Upsell" options and asking lots of questions. He asked for house layout and windows and number of floors which I provided. We went over lots of stuff and I just kept saying yes and yup until we scheduled and on-site appointment with a Sears contractor. This guys commission check was just getting bigger and bigger as he reeled me in.

He reviewed everything several times and asked several times if I had any questions and I always said no sir.

Then at the very end of this hour and a half long call before the game was about to start I asked; "Do I get to pick the color of the siding?"

His quick replay was: "Absolutely, why wouldn't you?"

My quick reply; " I just thought my landlord would have the color choice because I live in an 3 story APARTMENT BUILDING and those were the size specs I have been giving you.
    Remember You even said my Apt # at the beginning of this call."

Looooong pause; "Thank you for your time today sir sorry for bothering you today"

I LMFAO for a good long time.