new Ferrari model?

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by PGT, Jul 11, 2009.

Tags:
  1. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    We were coming back from lunch in DC today and were passed by a new Ferrari. From the front, it had stripes on the hood. It was a bluish silver with black convertible top. As it came by, it had HUGE yellow brakes and badging that said 'Le Mans'. It had Ferrari of Washington plate frame and a 30 day tag on it. Looking on Edmunds, the closest thing is the Scuderia (Coupe only and $282K), but 100% this was a convertible.

Any ideas?

Scuderia (same stripes as on the one we saw):

[​IMG]

2. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Scuderia Spyder 16M? Seems a special edition but that was limited to 499 models (and is yellow)

3. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    got to be it...the logo on the rear looks like the Chevy bowtie from a distance:

[​IMG]

4. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    here's the logo I saw that looked like 'Le Mans' from afar

[​IMG]

5. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Having a conversation with yourself?

6. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    no, with my special friend :D

7. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    I think one of the voices inside his head learned how to type.

Looks like it comes (came?) in more than just yellow. So, it's basically an F430 Spider but lighter, plus special badging and a Ferrari customized iPod Touch? According to the photos here, it's just a single stripe though. I'll take a gray one.....that is, if anyone's offering.....without the stripe.....

8. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    it might have been one stripe though I could swear it was like the coupe. it was a beautiful car but, alas, perhaps a bit boring. We see so many Gallardo's around, the F430 is plain now. Hell, I saw an Enzo there awhile back...F430's are like Honda's. :lol:

9. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Boring? A good looking car is a good looking car, though I could do without the 'verts. The only thing that verges on boring to me is they're almost all red. I get it, it's Ferrari Red....and I'm over it! Maybe make that a more exclusive color or something -- as it is now it's common (the horror!) -- and add a more interesting palette.

10. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Boring...well I can relate. Living 2 miles from the Dallas Ferrari/Maserati dealer, 2.5 miles from the Lambo dealer and about 5 miles from Ruf USA one does become a bit jaded when a "run of the mill" 460, 360. 599 or Maser GT is seen. I see women in Maserati's and Aston Martin's making grocery runs all the time. Takes something special for me to turn my head now, like the BMW M1 I saw a few weeks back, or the Alfa 8C that runs around here on occasion.

11. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    /\ same for me Nathan, but we've had this conversation. The Enzo caught my interest, as did the 599 around the area. I've got a few Maserati's down the road in our neighborhood and more Porsche's than I can count. There is a yellow Carrera GT that commutes in on Fridays :lol:

12. That7guy

That7guy New Member

May 20, 2009
    D.C.
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've got an in with someone at Ferrari of Washington. I'll send him a text and see if he's got any 16M in stock that might have been out and about yesterday.