Traded the MINI for a Corolla LE...

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by Nathan, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    ...while the MINI is in the shop.

All the dealer had was some Enterprise Rent a Car loaners. That's OK, I only need to get from the dealer home and back.

The Corolla is a very nice automotive appliance. It gets you from point A to point B with no fuss. The AC is very good, a godsend here in TX. Visibility is good and it's not uncomfortable to drive. There are also vast expanses of plastic, this car is obviously built to a price point. This example has 22K miles on it, all in a rental fleet so its not a easy life making it more impressive that there are no squeaks or rattles.

All in all if all I desired from a car was a way to get from point to point this would be a good car to look at.

2. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Apr 23, 2009
    Student
    Southern IL
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    You had me scared for a minute there, I thought you'd really gone off the deep end.

3. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    TAKE IT TO THE TRACK!!!

4. Nitrominis

Nitrominis Banned

May 9, 2009
    Doing nothing
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0

:lol: I was making a list of things I wanted to buy off it if he did. :lol:

:Thumbsup:

5. DixonL2

DixonL2 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Supply Chain Implementation Guy
    A bit north of the 'burgh, PA
    Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    Similar experience: Recently my Mom gave me her 153kmile 2001 Camry XLE when she got a new one. Dad's a maintenance fanatic, oil was changed every 3k religiously - by the dealer - so the car's in as good a shape as a 153kmile car can be. We've now put 15k trouble free miles on it and let me tell you, there's something great to be said for a very ni-ice transportation appliance. Darn near invisible, quiet, and doesn't really handle half bad as a boat (for 168kmile shocks!).

Only problem is... the local minis don't understand why a Camry waves to them, and other Camry drivers simply do NOT wave.

6. Sideways

Sideways New Member

May 12, 2009
    Motorer and footwear Extrodinaire!
    Above the Border^^^
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    It wouldnt have been THE crasiest thing I have heard...but pretty close to it... ;)

7. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Well, I was rocking a white Pontiac G6 while the Mini was in the body shop. It was pissing me off. It almost seemed like people were changing lanes in front of me on purpose.

8. Sideways

Sideways New Member

May 12, 2009
    Motorer and footwear Extrodinaire!
    Above the Border^^^
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm...last time I was in the shop I was given a 328i coupe...but then again it was in for warranty work...:p

9. nabeshin

nabeshin New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Lincoln, NE
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I've had an '07 MC and an '06MCS as loaners before.

Previous rental cars during body shop work include a '95 Ford Aspire and a '96 Geo Metro.

10. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Rock On!!! I saw a convertible one today. Dude had a muscle shirt on and a bandanna on his head. I had a feeling it was the same car he was rocking the Susnet strip in the late '80s with. :cryin:

11. putterfarm

putterfarm New Member

May 18, 2009
    Bum.
    Pittsfield, Pa.
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Leon, you do a lot of things other people can't figure out why :crazy:.

p.s. when I got home and opened my cooler I found your salad dressing, mustard and something else. Tell Mary I'll replace them next time I'm down :cornut:

12. Vernon29RW

Vernon29RW New Member

May 22, 2009
    Pat-Med, NY
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Nobody asked Nate why his car was in......the dealer?? :skep: What happened that you had to go see them?

Steve

13. putterfarm

putterfarm New Member

May 18, 2009
    Bum.
    Pittsfield, Pa.
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    you've never seen Nate drive :confused5: hehehe

14. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    At the DIY day we recently had one of the techs noticed the water pump was weeping. Since I'm still under warranty why not give the dealer and tech that found the issue the work.

15. BLUCOOPR

BLUCOOPR New Member

May 21, 2009
    Retired Truck Driver
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thats a good tech and dealer. I had a Camry and all I can say is this &*&&^%^^& and was never so gald to get rid of this vehicle. 3 timing belts, head gaskets you name it and it went wrong with this vehicle. Almost gave it back to dealer under the Lemon law. See ya in Copper Nathan? p.s. with a little help from my friends got in the Garage and more to come.

16. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Apr 23, 2009
    Student
    Southern IL
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The waterpump is probably one of the few parts under the hood that the dealer would have to honor the warranty on still.

When my car was in the body-shop I had a Speedster replica to zip around in which was cool, all the dealer work has been out-patient procedures.