First Production Electric Motorcycle Stolen

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by Nathan, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    - Thief Makes Off With a High Performance Zero S -

Download image

SANTA CRUZ, Calif., Sept. 29 /PRNewswire/ --

WHAT: One of Zero Motorcycles' early production high performance Zero S electric motorcycles has been stolen. Secured by a thick cable lock in the back of a van, it was taken during the dead of the night. The motorcycle was donated by Zero to The Veggie Van Organization for its cross country tour promoting the award-winning documentary "FUEL." The Zero S was one of several vehicles on the tour being used to educate people about alternative energy vehicles.

WHEN: Sunday, September 20, 2009 between approximately 1:00 AM - 8:30 AM EDT

WHERE: Best Western

2300 Route 4 West

Fort Lee, NJ 07024

DESCRIPTION: This particular Zero S electric motorcycle is custom-wrapped with the logo of the award-winning documentary "FUEL." It was traveling along with three other alternative energy vehicles from The Veggie Van Organization. The Zero S is fully electric and has white plastics beneath the custom wrap.

PLATE #: MFG 7A 43245

So my question is....

Does this constitute Eco-Terrorism?

2. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    a vehicle stolen in NJ?? I don't believe it.

3. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Apr 23, 2009
    Student
    Southern IL
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Wouldn't this be a pretty useless thing to steal? You can't joyride it for long if you can't recharge it and it doesn't have too many parts that one could strip and sell. I'm not saying this thing was a work of art, but stealing it's a bit like stealing a famous painting, those who care to buy it will know what it is and it's useless to the other 99% of the population, they should've just stolen the van the bike was in.

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Something makes me think the thieves were not looking at the big picture here. They probably had no idea when they purloined the item the need for a charging source. My thought is they saw a motorcycle on the back of the van, cut the cable and made off with now. Only after getting a good look in the light of day did they probably realize they now have a somewhat useless object. Once the power level was drained the bike probably became part of a landfill.