Favorite cars to sit in.

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by sgsuperman105, May 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. sgsuperman105

sgsuperman105 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Texas
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Figured I would kick this area off with a question.

What car other than your MINI has been your fave to sit in?

If you drove the car or not does not matter.

I have two on my list.

Ferrari F40. I was in Indianapolis with my family for the 2004 US Grand Prix and they had a Ferrari car show and the guy with the most expensive Ferrari was letting people sit in his car. I felt like I was in a true blue race car.

Maserati Gran Tourismo. My dad and I were looking for his future car, a MINI is still on the table for him though, and we stopped by Boardwalk Ferrari off of George Bush Tollway and he was asking about the Gran Tourismo. The kind gentleman telling us about the car opened up the car for us and let us sit in it. I have to say, it is probably the most well designed and luxurious interior I have ever seen. I am pretty sure they bathed the cow in butter before the made it into leather.

2. Edge

Edge New Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Sr. Systems Engineer
    Annandale, VA (near Wash. DC)
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Lotus Elise. Not because of the interior, obviously... but because of the experience of riding in it on the Dragon and other surrounding curvaceous roads. Two words: Pure sex.

Absolutely freaking awesome.

3. bstaps

bstaps New Member

May 4, 2009
    Hose Jockey
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lexus IS F

It's my lotto car. Trouble is you could buy two new JCW's for the price.

It has tons of horsepower and handles amazingly. It's stability control keeps the car in line better that any other I've driven.

I think the salesman is still shaking from the test drive, but he's the one that said I should see what it'd do

4. SK8BRD

SK8BRD New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Does it have to be a car?

For performance, an F-16. More thrust than weight, and if someone gets in your way, AMRAAM.

Luxury has to be traveling first class on the 777. When we landed in London they had to pry me out of it.

Scariest thing I've ever driven was a David Brown tractor, but just because it was a tractor. Totally unsprung, center of gravity about four feet above the center of roll. On a farm in Appalachia.

5. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    for me, a tie between an NSX Targa and my buddy's GT3 RS (he traded the Exige on it). I got to drive it last weekend....holy mother of god!!

[​IMG]

6. sgsuperman105

sgsuperman105 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Texas
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Here is the pic of me in the Ferrari F40. My parents said they have never seen me this happy.
    100_0503.jpg

7. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Apr 23, 2009
    Student
    Southern IL
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    There's just too many to list. Since it's a sit in rather than ride or drive I'll narrow it down to cars that are just intriguing to be behind the wheel of like old Studebakers and Citroens and Model T Fords (I remember being amazed at how cars were driven before controls were really standardized. We always assume the gas is on the far right, the brake in the center and that lever is a gear shifter)
    Also, some cars I've sat in are just works of art without even moving... there's still too many to list.

8. Jabbles

Jabbles New Member

May 4, 2009
    HVAC service
    Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I remember being quite excited about my first ride in a BMW. I could not even tell you what it was but I really have a thing for Bimmers back then (about 14).

9. AllBlack05S

AllBlack05S New Member

May 18, 2009
    Selling Harley parts worldwide
    Bartlett, Il
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    VW bus-nothing like that view followed by the realization there is not much more than a beer can and a window between you and whatever you might run into. especially if your friend has a half full twin waterbed in the back and drives it like its his spitfire.

Oh and a triumph spitfire nothing like looking at the road rushing past your feet through the rust holes

10. MININIGEL

MININIGEL New Member

May 4, 2009
    Teacher/Coach
    Texas
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dang..you look like you were about 12! Gotcha!!!!:prrr:

11. smith.wills21

smith.wills21 New Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ferrari F40 is my favorite and i want to buy it but i do not have that much of money.

12. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    A Man of Wit and Charm! (Just ask my wife!)
    Woodside, CA, up in the hills and trees.
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I don't like the question

it's like asking what supermodel's nipple would you like to see but not play with.

Matt

13. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean "see" this is a tactile kind of question:ihih:

Mark

14. i like sitting in EVOs because when the boost kicks in my body gets pushed back so far into the seat. i like sitting in any car with boost.

15. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Hard question. Being the attention whore that I am I would say a 956 Porsche Speedster:

[​IMG]

I had a privilege of driving one for about 11 miles through an urban area. The head turning was something to appreciate. The feeling of a light weight, RR car, with old school 3/4 height seats with no headrests and just a hint of seat belts (damn you Kalifornia, damn you) is something that just sings to my nostalgia.

16. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    Now this would turn heads:lol: And it looks comfy too:cornut:

[​IMG]

Mark

17. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Apr 23, 2009
    Student
    Southern IL
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I drove a replica for a day while the MINI was in the body shop and have to agree, sure the performance of this particular car wasn't all there but with a windscreen that only goes up to my nose and no pretenses of safety beyond a lap-belt, 60mph or so was plenty of performance. Oh, it also had a roll bar which may or may not have been functional but since it was the same height as the windshield it would only serve to keep my torso relatively unscathed after I'm decapitated.

18. xalfa

xalfa New Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Best car I have sat in is hands down a Lambo Miura. Totally functional yet completely s3xy combination of black crinkle finish steel and rich black leather. Big @ssed shift gate. Your @ss suspended about 1.5" off the ground in sweet shell buckets. Sidewinder V12 cranking right behind you. Oh yes.

[​IMG]

19. nabeshin

nabeshin New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Lincoln, NE
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I really like newer Audi TT
    [​IMG]

Never mind that this one is an automatic, I'd only go manual.

20. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    You scientists just don't deal well with hypotheticals, do you? ;)