Videos: 'Mini at the Movies' brings localised Countryman ads to 140 UK cinemas

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by Nathan, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Mini will showcase its latest Countryman car range at cinema nationwide with a localised ad campaign targeting over 140 locations.

The ‘Mini at the Movies’ scheme was developed by media agency Vizeum in association with Digital Cinema Media (DCM), a firm which controls 80 per cent of the cinema marketplace.

Each ad will be locally tailored for each location to direct cinema-goers to the nearest Mini dealership to test drive the new Countryman range.

Those who test the car will also be in with a chance of winning a pair of cinema tickets in what Mini claims is the UK's largest ever localised ad campaign.

Four positively British ads, called 'No Hands Zone', 'Off Roading', 'Hitchhiking' and 'the Backseat', were created for cinemas and will now be broadcast for a limited time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLGZCEXhSGc"]A Passenger’s Guide to the New MINI Countryman | Hitchhiking - YouTube[/ame]

Michelle Roberts, general manager of Mini brand communications, said: “Going to the movies provides a truly unique viewing experience that fits well with our brand identity.

“We’re delighted to have worked with our partners to deliver high quality, local content that communicates our brand values and makes people aware of the benefits of our new Countryman model.”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn68tMdy0CU]A Passenger[/ame]

Farhann Cachra, account director at Vizeum, said: “This campaign has only been made possible by the increased flexibility that digital technology provides. Delivering different ads to nearly 150 cinemas through a single media buy would have been unthinkable less than five years ago.

“However, not only have we been able to deliver immersive, tailored content at scale but also maintain the quality of the content at a standard befitting the location.”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1SMx3NBTno]A Passenger[/ame]

Joe Evea, commercial director of Digital Cinema Media, said: “DCM had the perfect opportunity to showcase our new mapping technology to reflect MINI’s brand warmth. This is a true brand partnership where cinema-goers nationally will enjoy the creative on- screen, followed up with a regional endframe directing consumers to their local MINI dealer to book a test drive.

“This is an exciting proposition for DCM and we are sure that this will set the benchmark for future campaigns.”

Earlier this year, the car manufacturer teamed up with music-streaming service Spotify to deliver the 'new and Original Mini Pop Quiz' in celebration of the launch of the Mini Hatch.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYYv2msL1Dk]A Passenger[/ame]

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    People still go to the movies?

You can watch everything on-line or on demand. No movie is worth spending a small fortune on to see it on a huge screen.

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I went to the movies over the weekend.

Saw a 70MM print of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

It was awesome.

4. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    I have that on Blue ray and can watch if from home I can also pause it when I want free food or a bathroom break.

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Ahh, well there was no food at this venue. No popcorn, drinks or overpriced candy. I was good with that too.

There is something about seeing a movie such as this on the big screen. it really does make a difference visually.

6. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Must buy 60 inch or larger TV. :Thumbsup::lol:

7. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Hanukkah is coming Dave, and my birthday is just around the corner from that.

You need my address for the Delivery company to deliver that 60"+ TV you are sending me Dave?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7JiDBi_v4c]How Do You Spell Channukkahh - YouTube[/ame]

8. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    ^^^^^ :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah you keep looking for the delivery truck, it's on its way. :ihih: