Seeking mini owners in the area!!

Discussion in 'St. Louis MINI Club' started by Tummi_Gummi, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Tummi_Gummi

Tummi_Gummi New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Online Sales Manager
    Springfield, MO
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Hey all,
    I see its been a few months since any posts on stl club. I am from springfield, MO and would love to meet up one of these times!

2. LoLowe

LoLowe New Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Retired
    Bonne Terre MO
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Hey Tummi I live south of StL we come down that way couple times a year, be a good time to meet up and do some motoring sometime.:)

3. Tummi_Gummi

Tummi_Gummi New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Online Sales Manager
    Springfield, MO
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    That's awesome! I am definitely down for a meet. And I don't mind driving to StL. Keep me posted when an event is coming up.
    Tummi

4. LoLowe

LoLowe New Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Retired
    Bonne Terre MO
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    If I hear anything i'll post it here. If your ever going to be this way shoot me a pm maybe we can just motor some twisty roads and have some fun.

5. Tummi_Gummi

Tummi_Gummi New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Online Sales Manager
    Springfield, MO
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Okay, sounds good :) I come up to rolla from time to time as well to meet up with one of my best friends from back in high school(he is going to rolla tech university) and my sister is going to washington university in stl so plenty of opportunity and "decoy" excuses to tell the girlfriend :D

6. LoLowe

LoLowe New Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Retired
    Bonne Terre MO
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Rolla and Stl is only about a 1hr, from me. Going to start the clutch replacement tomorrow. :) Want that done by this weekend. Seen on the Stlmini club site they are having a day drive around the 23rd of march St. Louis MINI Club is where I see that i'm looking for some other clubs now maybe I can find some that are alittle more active.

7. Tummi_Gummi

Tummi_Gummi New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Online Sales Manager
    Springfield, MO
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I just got my mini in november last year so I haven't quite met any other local mini owners yet. This is something I am definitely not going to miss. Are you replacing stock clutch with another oem? And I have to get my power steering pump replaced quick! I got it off the car I also already printed off the paperwork to send it in for repair. It will take them a week so this is cutting it close.

8. LoLowe

LoLowe New Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Retired
    Bonne Terre MO
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Replacing a OEM clutch with a aftermarket one. I got the Valeo replacement clutch from Helix and A-arm bushings, going to do those at the same time. Save about 15lbs. mine is still stock just a few mods doing it alittle at a time when my wife lets me spend the money.

9. Tummi_Gummi

Tummi_Gummi New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Online Sales Manager
    Springfield, MO
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    i was down in st louis just this last weekend(23rd) and went to a rally race

10. LoLowe

LoLowe New Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Retired
    Bonne Terre MO
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Sweet decided my back wouldn't let me do the clutch on jack stands and on the floor, so going to have a buddy with a lift do the clutch on the 8th of April.Going to OK. this weekend to take a car to oldest son, then home on sunday.Rest for a week teach the youngest to drive a stick :crazy: before he gets his permit. I must be crazy.

11. Tummi_Gummi

Tummi_Gummi New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Online Sales Manager
    Springfield, MO
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    let me know how the clutch install is. Its my next job. I just had to order a new heater core today and installation hardware. Paid my power steering pump rebuild fee, bought a new power steering fan and power steering return hose + detroit tuned throttle body :D

I need a clutch though pretty soon.

12. LoLowe

LoLowe New Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Retired
    Bonne Terre MO
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Getting rid of the rotating mass of the OEM clutch will help with strip times too. I will let you know how it goes. Got the kit from Helix along with the guide tube.