The new Guy

Discussion in 'Starting Line - New Member Introductions' started by ohn0u2, Aug 6, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ohn0u2

ohn0u2 New Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone...I finally joined the Mini Family. I joined this past Sunday with the purchase of an 04 Mini Cooper S. I've always found the cars interesting & the way different people express themselves when they customize it is art to me. I've a few ideas of my own however I'm going to start with the basics first since I'm a hands on type guy I'd much rather do my work myself after doing research first. The research needed is what brought me here. I noticed a few small issues some I just wanted to ask others about to see if its the car I need to get used to or if the car is warning me of pending trouble. I notice a whine when Im driving the car being that I've never owned or driven a supercharged car I wasn't sure if that was normal or trouble brewing. Secondly my passenger window is a bit slow rolling up & down ocassionally I hear noises popping & crunching how difficult is it to replace the motor or is that noise possibly some gears in the window motor. Last but not least the passenger seat is reclined back as if someone was stargazing thru the sunroof & will not lock in the upright position...what do I need to correct these problem suggestions anyone???

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Welcome, thanks for joining Motoring Alliance, the FUN and Friendly MINI Community.

3. ohn0u2

ohn0u2 New Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the invitation Nathan

4. papa-j

papa-j Active Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Mar 15, 2010
    (Retired) EHS & Quality Systems
    Minneapolis, MN
    Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    whine is good, usually

"I notice a whine when Im driving the car being that I've never owned or driven a supercharged car I wasn't sure if that was normal or trouble brewing."

If whining while doing a lot of steering, then it's the damn noisy steering pump. Many discussions and help will be forthcoming for this.

Otherwise - and why I love supercharged vehicles by the way....the supercharger whine when you wind up these puppies is a tangible reason to get out of bed and leave the house. In my less than humble opinion...of course. :biggrin5:

Welcome to the alliance!

5. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    Love and embrace the whine. :Thumbsup:

Welcome Aboard!

No flying until the seats are in the full upright and lock position. :cornut:

6. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
  7. Rawhyde

Rawhyde Active Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Facilities Engineer
    Mountains of NW Georgia
    Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the best MINI forum on the web.

Put the MINI into warp drive and you hear the whine kinda like Jim Kirk's Enterprise from the 60's.

The whine is one of most revered things about the MINI. A nice aftermarket cold air intake or a JCW air box will make it louder and more pronounced. More whine is like more cowbell...

8. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Welcome to M/A the FUN Mini site. :Thumbsup:

9. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009