New (old) Mini nut

Discussion in 'Starting Line - New Member Introductions' started by lshines, Jun 23, 2016.

1. lshines

lshines New Member

Jan 20, 2010
    retired
    Richmond, VA area
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    New here and I look forward to learning a lot, and having some Mini fun. No, I don't own one right now, and am trying to justify buying a new or kinda new one (wife practicality issues - they just don't understand it). But I will soon.
    I live in the Richmond, VA area so if you know of a good one for sale, please let me know!

I look forward to MTTS coming to Richmond - I'll be at RIR to see the parade! A special shout out for the great people at Crown Mini in Richmond, VA - they've been great and patient (again, the wife/practicality issues above). RVA (Richmond, VA)Minis group are super people here too!

2. 00Mini

00Mini Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,974 / 6 / -5
    Welcome to Motoring Alliance the onlyest MINI forum you'll ever need !!

3. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    Welcome to M/A! :Thumbsup:

4. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,874 / 10 / -3
    Welcome to MA! I have 4 kids 3 in college now. I have had my S for 12 years. practical? Life's to short for PRACTICAL!:D

5. Rawhyde

Rawhyde Active Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Facilities Engineer
    Mountains of NW Georgia
    Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Welcome aboard the best MINI forum on the web. I don't know your situation, but a MINI is much more practical than you'd think at first glance. Before I lost her to MS, I carried my mother and her wheelchair in mine easily. The wide opening doors and hatchback made that easy.

If you have a lot of people to haul on a regular basis, a beater sedan can be bought to handle those duties and drive the MINI the rest of the time.

6. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    Welcome to M/A....

Sooooo by the way.... Do you happen to know "Justa Jim"?

He lives over there somewheres around you... If you see him, tell him he needs to show up more here....:D