1. 316Blobber

316Blobber New Member

Jul 17, 2016
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am a nube. Bought a 2005 S Conv. with the optional light trifecta empolyed. I checked both ABS sensors. Both had broken wires which were twisted back together and taped. I sodered them proper, shrink tube, and wired tied in place. If it is fixed, how many miles of driving should be needed if any to get the lights to go out or is there a "process" I need to observe?

2. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    Mine always cleared after just a couple of drive cycles of a few miles. There are four sensors, one for each wheel. Did you check all four?

I'd be highly suspect of even a soldered repair of those sensors. That system is VERY sensitive, even a little crud on the sensor can make it inoperable until cleaned. I wouldn't be surprised if you need to replace them to resolve the issue, if the wires have been broken previously.

3. Friskie

Friskie Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Highly motivated retiree
    In the here and now, for now.
    Ratings:
    +1,339 / 0 / -0
    Being a 'nube', are you a nube to dropheads? If you are, that canvas needs regular attention and the two best products are Ragg Topp or Aerospace 303. Accept no substitutes. Also, did they tell you about fuel requirements? Only 91 or higher and Top Tier fuels. Again, don't cheap out on that.
    http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers/
    Also, welcome to M/A and MINI motoring...topless motoring even better.

4. 316Blobber

316Blobber New Member

Jul 17, 2016
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I didn't check the rears. Thanks. Appreciate the octane call as well. Does it matter that it has the Johnny Cooper package?

5. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    Scanning the car with a BMW-capable scan tool can show exactly what the problem is, and which wheel speed sensor is the issue, if that's what's causing it.

6. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    Welcome to M/A! As you can see, there are plenty of people here who are ready and willing to give you advice to your concerns. That's what we are here for and that's what makes our site great.:cornut: