Still at MINI - Thinking of starting YouTube channel.

Discussion in 'Starting Line - New Member Introductions' started by joey1320, Jul 18, 2016.

1. joey1320

joey1320 New Member

Jun 24, 2015
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Well, well, hello everyone!!!

It's been a few months since my first/last post regarding my desire to leave MINI and work for a different brand. If you read the last thread, I was disappointed with the brand, new owners and current image/future. Well, I'm still at MINI and although still not as happy as I was during its early days, I'm proud of my job and the service that I provide.

With this in mind, I'm thinking of starting a YouTube channel dedicated to all things MINI. I'm mainly sticking with technical videos, but I was thinking of having videos for first time buyers, routine maintenance and anything else that will positively impact the ownership of the brand.

So, here I'm looking for ideas and a few locals to provide vehicles for me to show/record the work/how to's/guides. I'm in North East Ohio, so take that into consideration before contacting me.

If interested, please email me at jleon1980@yahoo dot com. I'm not exactly sure when this will take place, but it will be this year. I would like to have 3-5 videos to start the series and my plan is to start with buyers guides for all 3 series - R50/53, R56/60 and F56 - although the F56 still somewhat new, so maybe not this one.

Also, if you guys have any ideas as to other informative videos, please share them.

Thank you for the time!!!
    Joey

2. Sig

Sig Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    How about a DIY sticker/stripe application how to film?

3. joey1320

joey1320 New Member

Jun 24, 2015
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hey good idea. Ive done an insane amount of strip installs and will definitely add it to the list.

I'm not comfortable doing roof/boot decals, so I will only provide a bonnet how-to.

4. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    How about a video on how not to puke on the F56 when you walk into the dealership and see it for the first time?

:lol:

5. joey1320

joey1320 New Member

Jun 24, 2015
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I'll go hang a few barf bags by the front entrance to the dealership lol

6. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Good response joey1320, not a bad idea for tutorials, pick folks brains around here, lots of talent and few ball busters, but all pretty nice folks.

:)
    Don