1. GreyLens

GreyLens New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 25, 2009
    Electrical Engineer
    San Antonio, Texas
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I've been away from M/A for awhile...just too much work and other distractions. I used to post on a number of threads focused on AutoCross a few years ago. It was great fun. Still have the Lenz and plan to drive it till 2050 (I'll break 100 that year and will likely stop driving. But, I'll keep the Lenz running anyway.

I'm not auto crossing these days. Taking the car in a different direction. I just read a bunch of the work Blimey Cabrio is doing on his ride. Incredible work. But, I'm going back to street mode for sport touring. I'll be taking the AST 5100's and Swift springs off for a gentler ride, for example. Want to make the Lenz quieter and more comfortable for travel but still want to keep the fun.

I'll be reading a lot to catch up on current thinking and may seek some advice. Good to be back.

2. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,875 / 10 / -3
    Welcome back!

3. 00Mini

00Mini Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,976 / 6 / -5
    Your build should prove to be very interesting.

4. caseydog

caseydog Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    Hey, I think that I understand your situation. I'm 55, and I still LOVE to drive, but instead of track days, I prefer a long, winding country road, with some nice scenery along the way. To me, a drive like that is a mini vacation (pardon the pun). I can turn off the iPhone, and just drive. I usually turn off the radio, too, and just have the sound of the engine and the road to listen to. No distractions -- just me, the car and the road ahead.

Oh, I usually try to plan one good hole-in-the wall eatery I've heard good things about along my route. :Thumbsup:

Good luck with your project. I hope you get what you are looking for.

CD

5. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    Welcome back! :Thumbsup:

I, too, have given up on the track days, but am leaving my S "as is"...modded for the track and twisties. I'm 70 and my S is an '06 with 116k. It's my daily driver and fun car, and the plan is to drive it and grow older together til the end.

6. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Back!

7. GreyLens

GreyLens New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 25, 2009
    Electrical Engineer
    San Antonio, Texas
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    MINI Vacation...Indeed!!!

8. NikiMae31

NikiMae31 New Member

May 17, 2009
    Nursing Student/ EMT
    Iowa
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome back from someone who is just coming back herself!

9. MCS4FUN

MCS4FUN New Member

May 31, 2016
    Mtns of AZ
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Love that non-pun "mini vacation"! :cool:

Left my own track days in the rear mirror more than 35 yrs ago, when I retired my 1974 Alfa GTV (purchased new. owned 25 yrs) to strictly street use. My (sig) MINI is the smallest car I've owned since. Although I have some regrets I didn't wait for a primo JCW hatch to come on the market within driving distance, my MCS will remain stock other than swapping a JCW rear muffler and non-runflat tires on more aggressive styled OEM wheels than the 17" Conical silver wheels equipped from the factory.