New Member Chili Red Trouble

Discussion in 'Starting Line - New Member Introductions' started by JimsGirl, Oct 15, 2016.

1. JimsGirl

JimsGirl New Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Nevada City, CA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I couldn't stand to see my friends 2005 Mini S waste away in her driveway - I had to save it. One owner, carefully maintained, 65k miles with a rotten automatic transmission issue. Planned to fix the transmission trouble n flip it. I've been told I have too many toys already.. Just fix n flip. Don't get attached to its cuteness. The second I drove it I was hooked, now I won't give it up/ have to fix it. Mechanic says it's a valve body issue, going to fix soon and then drive it like I stole it. I'm interested in adding racing stripes and other mods as I find them. Always room for her in my driveway!

2. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    At 65k, maybe all that is needed is a tranny fluid change.
    Where are you located? Columbus, OH, has a great mechanic who can solve that, if you are close by.
    As for valve body issues, I don't know, especially if the car was well-maintained. I have 2 '06 MCSas and my daily driver has 117k on it. I had its tranny fluid changed at around 85k and it has been clear sailing ever since.

The other has 66k and I'll be getting its fluid changed before the snow flies, even though it is showing no problems.
    It's a bone stock S, while mine is heavily modded and has seen lots of twisties as well as track use.

Good luck!

3. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,876 / 10 / -3
    Welcome to MA!

4. 00Mini

00Mini Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,977 / 6 / -5
    Welcome to Motoring Alliance and the best of luck to you with your mod fever !!