No low beam on 08 Mini S

Discussion in 'Starting Line - New Member Introductions' started by jscholar, Jan 17, 2017.

1. jscholar

jscholar New Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone and thank you for the opportunity of posting questions. Recently, my halogen low beam went out on the passenger side of my 08 Mini S. I replaced the bulb with no luck. Upon closer inspection I noticed all the wires within the housing were bare of insulation. I tried separating the wires and taping them but still no luck. I checked and switched the fuses at the passenger side panel but both seem fine. I ordered a replacement headlight but still no low beam. What else can I take a look at?

2. r34king

r34king Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Auto Tech NTB Capital BLVD
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Foot well module controls the lights. If you had bare wires touching inside the housing there's a good chance the module is bad

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

3. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    Welcome to M/A, where we always are willing to offer suggestions! :Thumbsup:

4. jscholar

jscholar New Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    08 Mini S low beam

Sort of came to solution. Took to Mini Service to have diagnostics performed and they confirmed...need new Foot Module. They also found faults in Integrated Heating, Junction Box Electronics, Instrument Cluster, Dynamic Stability Control, DME/DDE, and Electronic Steering. Except for the low beam problem, I have not had any trouble with any of those functions. Does that mean programming of a new module will wipe out those faults or will they show up again and require service for each of the faults.

While researching the modules, I've read that a used (matching) module can be programmed to my 08 Mini and key...that I do not need a new module? I have also read that a new module is required. Which is correct.

5. Zapski

Zapski Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +938 / 0 / -0
    Welcome! Though I can not offer any insights to your specific issue.

6. wjosh45

wjosh45 Member

Nov 20, 2016
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to MA.. don't have anything to add yet.. still researching the Mini I'm going to get.. but figured I would bump this up to see if someone knows the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. r34king

r34king Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Auto Tech NTB Capital BLVD
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I would not recommend a used module. If you want to try it just dont be supposed if it doesn't code to your vehicle. The faults in the other modules will disappear when the car is programmed. They may or may not come back over time depending on what they are.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk