Suspension Brakes Adjustable Camber Plates for R56?

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by KittyMini, Apr 8, 2011.

1. KittyMini

KittyMini Club Coordinator

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    I've started looking at suspension upgrades lately, and now I'm looking at camber plates......
    But it seems there is limited choices for the gen2 MINIs......
    Any good recommendations?

2. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    My MINI is a gen 1, but I highly recommend the Ireland Engineering fixed camber plates. I'd also recommend a 19mm rear sway bar. I have an H-Sport that I really like & I have heard the NM is a very nice piece. These are nice places to start. For me it would be rear swaybar first. You could probably get a vendor to install one at the dragon.

Helix Motorsports

3. Way Motor Works

Way Motor Works New Member

May 4, 2009
    MINI Tuner
    Atlanta
    Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -0
    For R56's we've found the Vorshlags to be really great. But before you buy any you should nail down what your doing for suspension then buy camber plates that will work the best with your setup.

4. KittyMini

KittyMini Club Coordinator

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I agree- I need to walk around the Dragon and see what I like :Thumbsup:

5. mrminimmel

mrminimmel New Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    #5 mrminimmel, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
    I am also looking into sway bar and camber plate additions. I have two Minis, one Cooper that has a 19mm hotchkis bar and during autocross I thoroughly enjoyed the feel. Even set at the stiffest setting the car handled great. Now I have a Cooper S and I'm not sure what to expect from adding a stiffer bar. I'm thinking of the 22mm or even the hollow 25.5 and keeping it set on the soft setting to get used to it. I'm looking to increase handling. Camber plates from Vorshlag sound like a very respectable product but I'd love to hear about other brands. Helix? IE?? Would lowering springs be a better route?