Suspension Brakes NM lowering springs??

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by mrminimmel, Aug 2, 2011.

1. mrminimmel

mrminimmel New Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I think I'm heading toward putting on a set of NM springs to lower my 2010 Cooper S a bit. I have an aero kit on it already (and a dealer installed JCW engine package). I also have a pair of IE fixed camber plates. I'm assuming that putting the camber plates and the springs on at the same time is a labor saving idea-Right? Will the springs cause a rub issue with the aero kit, speed bumps? I already stay away from parking bumpers to avoid damage. I'm running with 17" wheels if that matters. And an alignment is scheduled after the install.
    Thanks for the feedback.

2. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    No issues with rubbing here. My NM springs have been on for almost 2 years.

3. grodenglaive

grodenglaive New Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    It will definitely save you some hassle doing the plates and springs at the same time - the front struts can be challenging to get in and out. I love my NM springs, but don't have the camber plates yet so I can't comment on the fitment.
    P.S. If you are doing it yourself: A ball joint separator is a big help. Also don't forget to disconnect the headlight leveler first.

4. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I don;t have them, but I know that Orangecrush (aka Mark) has them on Oscar (w/aero kit) and he loves 'em