Street parts off a track R53

Discussion in '1st Generation Parts For Sale' started by UKCoopeR, Jul 22, 2017.

1. UKCoopeR

UKCoopeR Active Member

May 21, 2009
    VA,USA and UK
    Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Hi folks,

At the track this weekend both the flex joint on the header and the ac decided they were tired and called it quits. I am going the RMW long tube route and given it doesn’t have a cat, the car is going full time track mode. This means I will have a bunch of the interior etc for sale as I won’t be driving to the track anymore and will tow it. Car has 65k miles on it so stuff if pretty clean. It has the Panther Schwarz interior, Harmon Kardon sound system, xenon light, sunroof... it wasn't a track car at the start lol.

Parts I think folks might have interest in:
    Passenger Seat (Driver seat won’t be pulled till winter but will be available)
    Rear Seats
    All weather floor mats
    Amp, Speakers etc
    Rear Seat Belts
    Headliner
    Interior Trim

Anything else you are interested in let me know, if it doesn’t need it to run on track it is fair game. Heck is someone wants the header to try and fix the flex joint you can even have that (once it is off).

Anything specific you are interested in let me know and I can send you a pic of that.

Attached Files:

2. Tummi_Gummi

Tummi_Gummi New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Online Sales Manager
    Springfield, MO
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Where are you located?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

3. UKCoopeR

UKCoopeR Active Member

May 21, 2009
    VA,USA and UK
    Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Zip Code 20165 in VA

4. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Are you going to keep the steering wheel?

5. HillbillyChili

Jun 14, 2017
    Software
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I wanted to check and see what you are looking for with some of these items, then I need to decide what I can afford :lol:

Floormats -
    Is that an armrest? -
    Parking brake and shifter boots -

6. UKCoopeR

UKCoopeR Active Member

May 21, 2009
    VA,USA and UK
    Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    I will indeed be ditching it for a non-airbag wheel, I haven't figured out what adapter/wheels fit on the mini yet though so it might be a while, I can move that up the list if your need is urgent?

Too be honest I hadn't priced anything out yet, I didn't want to go through all that and find out nobody wanted it and end up chucking it in the attic lol

How does the below + shipping cost sound? that said... i am going to be in MI in late August if you are close to the border... i will be driving back through Indianapolis on my way back too...

Floormats - $50

Is that an armrest? - $50 Yes, it is the one with the lid that slides back (https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=RE33-USA-06-2005-R53-Mini-Cooper_S&diagId=03_0482). I will have to research how to remove it as it came on the car... and the realoem pic looks complicated haha

Parking brake and shifter boots - I have redline boots on it not the OE ones, but I am pretty sure I have the OE ones somewhere, I think the parking brake one has a small tear though which is why I got the redline ones. I do want something to keep the heat/dust etc out of the shifter... but would you be interested in the OE shifter one (pretty sure it is tear free) for $20? i can chuck the parking brake one in for free if you want it (iirc the tear is small but i would feel bad charging for it)

7. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    What header do you have that broke? RMW Street header?

8. UKCoopeR

UKCoopeR Active Member

May 21, 2009
    VA,USA and UK
    Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Nope just a regular OE header, surprised it lasted through 3 seasons of TT and 2 of track days to be honest lol, but then again the clutch on my old r50 did 140k miles before i sold the car and the r53 shows zero signs of slipping so I might never have an excuse for an os giken lol

9. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    The difference between OEM diff and the OS GIKEN are like night and day. You will never know the traction you are missing until you get an OSG diff.

With the OSG diff it is point and hammer the gas and that's the direction you go very quickly. Also great when slowing down into a turn because of so much grip.:Thumbsup:

10. UKCoopeR

UKCoopeR Active Member

May 21, 2009
    VA,USA and UK
    Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    I don't doubt it, my truck's locker feels more track worthy than the oe lsd... tbh i didn't think my car had one till i looked it up lol i can't imagine what pure open diff would be like on track, ew lol
    I plan on going the cheap route till the clutch goes (then doing the clutch and the lsd at the same time) and swapping my 17x8 for 17x9 next season
    now that it is a track only car i can cut the fenders to make space for some 235+ tires that the miatas in my class get to run... there are a couple of other minis (one with a os giken diff) but they aren't quite on pace yet

11. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    I would be interested in the steering wheel with air bag. No rush,

12. M1N1

M1N1 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Tool and Die Maker
    NW Ohio
    Ratings:
    +330 / 0 / -0
    HillbillyChili. If you are retro-fitting the armrest to a non-armrest car, you'll also need the center console and bracket that goes underneath it. These are different for the arm rest option.

UkCooper. Will you be using the rear wiper? If not, is in good condition and available?

13. UKCoopeR

UKCoopeR Active Member

May 21, 2009
    VA,USA and UK
    Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Okay cool, I have three more points events this year. After the last one I am going to start on meatier stuff like the airbags/sunroof etc. just in case it takes longer than expected so that way I have all the offseason. I will send you a PM once I have the OE wheel off.

If you need the center console too, I can probably figure something out to keep dirt out but I might have to wait till the off season then, depends on which parts you need. Do you know which numbers on the realoem chart are needed?

I can pull the rear wiper, I don't use it very often and the car is garage kept so the rubber isn't out in the sun but I am not really sure how much life the blade has... the mechanism works. Do you want the whole thing, arm, squirter etc or just the blade part?

14. M1N1

M1N1 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Tool and Die Maker
    NW Ohio
    Ratings:
    +330 / 0 / -0
    I just need the motor, not the arm or the blade.

15. UKCoopeR

UKCoopeR Active Member

May 21, 2009
    VA,USA and UK
    Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Okay cool. The car is at the shop getting the custom exhaust made to go on the back on the long tube but once I get it back I will start pulling stuff off. You have a post face lift car right? iirc my r50 was pre-facelift and had a different rear wiper. I could be wrong though. My r53 is post lift.

16. HillbillyChili

Jun 14, 2017
    Software
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Yea, I imagine I will need everything to hold that armrest. Let me know if you get it pulled so I can see how exactly this puppy attaches. I will look for a guide or video and see if I can figure it out as well. Will keep you posted. :Thumbsup:

17. UKCoopeR

UKCoopeR Active Member

May 21, 2009
    VA,USA and UK
    Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good, will do

18. UKCoopeR

UKCoopeR Active Member

May 21, 2009
    VA,USA and UK
    Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Just a quick update. After talking it over with the local race shop and their conversations with Jan, sounds like with the stock cam/head/injectors my car has that the shorty is the better choice and the long tube would lose power on a basically stock motor. Right now I am in a mod points based class not a power to weight one, so no cams/head etc. Eventually a few years out I might go into one of those classes route but not in the near term and maybe not in the r53 so I ordered a shorty and will mate that up to my jcw exhaust (sorry if anyone had their eye on that). Should have everything arriving this week just in time for the next event. I am still planning on stripping what folks want and what I can, the pace of which will accelerate a lot once the season ends and I have weekends free again.

19. UKCoopeR

UKCoopeR Active Member

May 21, 2009
    VA,USA and UK
    Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    It has begun! I have the rear interior out, stereo amp, passenger seat, 3 seatbelts, b and c pillars, and rear wiper. Just the bolts are like 15lbs and the passenger seat nearly killed my back! This is more fun than installing stuff lol

The driver seat, seat belt, and steering wheel are going to have to stay so I can easily get it to the shop, in a couple weeks, but this coming weekend is:
    head unit/speakers
    a-pillars
    headliner (maybe the sunroof motor if I can figure out how – shop will replace the glass)
    front carpet
    center console

Then later ac compressor after I order a replacement pulley

Attached Files:

20. UKCoopeR

UKCoopeR Active Member

May 21, 2009
    VA,USA and UK
    Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    #20 UKCoopeR, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    Car is done except for de-soldering the airbag and seat belt warning lights lol already cut the seat belt chime speaker out

Momo Mod 78 Wheel with NRG Gen III QR
    Recaro Profi XL Seat on VAC Seat Mounts
    Schroth Profi II HANS Harness
    AC Delete
    Radio, Speakers, Interior all out

Fresh corner balance has it at 2,483 with 3/8 of a tank (no driver), that is almost 200lbs less than before and so looking forward to the time delta when I hit the TT circuit again in March
    Sunroof is still in because there isn't an easy delete so will stay till i get a full cage + halo seat and pull the roof to fully weld it and put a non-sunroof roof on, which will happen only if i get the budget to move from TT to W2W so maybe never lol

If anyone is interested the seats (all 4 are in good condition car has 63k miles) or the radio let me know, it will all get junked in spring.
    I do have the rear wiper motor, arm rest, floor mats etc if you guys are still interested

Almost forgot, I threw in $50 to see if these might happen, https://keepitaesthetic.com/blogs/news/wide-53-sponsorship-giveaway the rmw widebody which I wanted breaks my class rules but these might not depending on the design, worst case, I have one less date night haha

Attached Files: