FS: Refurbished N14 cylinder head

Discussion in '2nd Generation Parts For Sale' started by Captain Claw, May 12, 2015.

1. Captain Claw

Captain Claw New Member

May 18, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a n14 cylinder head that has around 70k on it. Had bent valves, and was sent to a machine shop. It has all new exhaust valves, new valve seats, deck was check and valve guides checked, and new valve stem seals for all valves. It's boxed and ready to be shipped.

1300 shipped.

If interested text me at 270 five6four 66three7

2. Captain Claw

Captain Claw New Member

May 18, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. wintrode

wintrode New Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Taking a flyer on this, as its like a year later; but wondering if you still had this for sale?

4. Guapish_Fliver

Guapish_Fliver New Member

May 31, 2016
    Pimpin
    Da wess
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's what I paid for a ported and polished head.... You can get refurb a with long life guides for like 7-800 bucks... Just sayin

Might want to call jm turbo coopers before getting bent over

5. wintrode

wintrode New Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lol, I just gave them a call as you were typing this. My head is on the edge of what is in tolerance for warp .0011 (limit is .0012 to my understanding) so I'm just trying to figure out what my options are for either a rebuild or rebuilt head. Any help is greatly appreciated.

6. Guapish_Fliver

May 31, 2016
    Pimpin
    Da wess
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Did you talk to arric? He would be the dude to ask for advice...

His prices are the best I could find and he uses a different type of guide that isn't so prone to disintegrating as the OEM guides

7. wintrode

wintrode New Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Aric was out of the shop at the time I called, so looking for a call back today or tomorrow.

New head quote from the shop was like $2400 plus parts/labor (while doing timing chain and guides as well) for a whopping, pucker-inducing $6k estimate....youch! So looking for ways to dial that down substantially.

8. Guapish_Fliver

May 31, 2016
    Pimpin
    Da wess
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Let the rape session begin... Finding a good mechanic for a low price is a crap shoot.