09 PepperWhite Toy or DD?

Discussion in 'MINI' started by 09PepperWhite, May 3, 2015.

1. ColinGreene

ColinGreene Well-Known Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

May 15, 2009
    Male
    Orange county Ca
    Ratings:
    +293 / 0 / -0
    A ecu tune will help with the throttle response.

2. 09PepperWhite

09PepperWhite Active Member

May 3, 2015
    Donation funds allocator non profit organizations
    United States of America & Texas is a Great State
    Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    well don't I feel a bit :confused: It seems that when we were first looking for a MINI the wife had preferences. She wanted an automatic (not my choice) and RED. So I found a couple of perspective candidates 2008 and red at local dealers. They were over priced and not in the best of shape for the asking price. I also found a really nice privately owned 08 but it was a color the wife called for old people. So when I found the MINI we are driving and own now I had it so stuck in my head 2008. After which everything I did pertaining to it up until this post today was based on my thinking it was a 2008 production model. LOL well it seems that we have a 2009. It was manufactured in 09/2008 but it is a year model 2009?
    As far as I can tell it really does not change anything except my user name does not perfectly fit the year MINI we own. :frown2: Sorry everyone for making such an embarrassing mistake.

The original owner sent this to me in the mail today thinking I would like it. To which I really did and that is what started this response about the actual year of our MINI.

[​IMG]

3. 00Mini

00Mini Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,977 / 6 / -5
    #23 00Mini, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
    The widow sticker says 2009 and what does the title say ?? After looking at this reply it kinda sounds a bit harsh which was not my intent.

4. 09PepperWhite

May 3, 2015
    Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I like to think I am thick skinned? I like to read responses as if you were and would be talking to me in person!

MINI year.
    I didn't think to look. thanks and it says 2009. Also my insurance used the VIN and set it up as a 2009. So it was simply me not paying attention to things. Don't tell my wife I tell her I always listen and read things completely.:crazy:

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I know a guy that knows a guy that might be able to hint to another guy to change a username.

6. 09PepperWhite

May 3, 2015
    Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Really? :biggrin5: :Thumbsup:

I guess I should look into becoming a "Premium Member" :cornut:

7. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Appreciated, not required.

Change made, also changed the thread title too.

8. 09PepperWhite

May 3, 2015
    Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    THANK YOU SIR! :Thumbsup:

9. 09PepperWhite

May 3, 2015
    Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    #29 09PepperWhite, May 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2015
    married life

Some how it does not seem fair that the "Honey Do" list from the wife(boss) does NOT includes my little hobbies?? :frown2:

Here is the next step in the Ultra Gauge Bracket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. 09PepperWhite

May 3, 2015
    Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    The fit bugged me and I have been file and fitting all morning long.:nonod:
    So Fueled by several cups of coffee!

[​IMG]

Ok this is better?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know what you are thinking....OCD! :lol:

11. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Nope, thinking...

Do it right the first time.

12. 09PepperWhite

May 3, 2015
    Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    That's it for me today.:crazy:

I still need to pull it all out,counter sink the screws ,wet sand it and paint it. Then hide the wire back behind the dash panels. There is also a need to make a little shaft to be able to re-set the #2 button which the bracket covers.
    The screen display choice you see is only to play with for now. Later a better arrangement for the primary page and other pages will bee done when the bracket is completed.

So far this has been a fun little project. :biggrin5: And several hours of work.:eek6:

Time make to a couple of Margaritas!:cornut:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. 09PepperWhite

May 3, 2015
    Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    keeping the MINI

I have always thought that if I am going to keep a car for any length of time the logical investment is basic tools to DIY needed things.

So as of today I can say it is official. We will be keeping our MINI at least a few of years.

I have the two things that will make the adventure fun. A Service manual, voted on this forum as the one to own.:wink:

More importantly, the Hot Wheels MINI. I couldn't find a R56 but this one will do for now. :biggrin5:

[​IMG]

14. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: Bentley Manual, a very good investment and for OCD I'll send a script for Paxil. :lol::lol:

Jason

15. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    Beautiful welding job on the bracket. :Thumbsup:

16. 09PepperWhite

May 3, 2015
    Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I washed the MINI today and got started cleaning the engine bay. I was surprised to find oil all over the valve cover and the side of the engine. Not from any current leak but one that the dealership had done work replacing the timing chain and other parts as well, like the valve cover and other related gaskets and seals. So they changed all those parts (even broke some other parts during the service) for the previous owner and never cleaned the engine when they were done? I guess engine cleaning is not on the list of warrantied service?:frown2:Dealerships... :lol:

So you can see from the pictures armed with old tooth brushes, WD-40, various other cleaning agents simply Green leather treatment etc I am on a cleaning mission. It is not going to be a one day on this job. :cryin:

The good thing when I see the clean spot I have done, well to say it is inspirational.

[​IMG]

I know...lotsa a Texas dirt under that "tharrr" hood and on the hood! :frown2: a long way to go to call it clean! :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: On both Margi and Anne(R56 & R55) I just use the hand sprayer wash 1st degreaser, 2nd hot soapy water, 3rd rinse water. Works great and I've never had a problem. On some cold air intakes it's best to cover them with a plastic bag.:Thumbsup:

Jason

18. 09PepperWhite

May 3, 2015
    Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I think I will dig out the good old Harbor Freight pressure washer next week and try it your way. To many cracks and crevasses I can't get my fat fingers into even with a tooth brush. I use the same excuse when having my teeth cleaned when the Dental Hygienist is lecturing me about not flossing or brushing better. :eek:

Besides I want to take each wheel/Tire off and pressure wash the brakes and everything else in the wheel well along with the back of the wheels.

I got them as clean as possible without removing which is ok for now. But that OCD is kicking in again. :lol:

[​IMG]
    I said the same thing....why did they balance one wheel with the weights on the outside? :crazy: That is going to get changed!

[​IMG]

BTW you all I read dozens of threads and just was amazed at all the great looking MINI's both 1st and second generations. And some of the upgrades...:eek6: $$$$$$ = POWER!

My hat is off to many of you! :Thumbsup:

19. 09PepperWhite

May 3, 2015
    Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    The wife told me that I do not plan out my time well. So she is the boss the only thing I could come up with to help me out is a cheap watch. I know the "geek" is coming out in me now? And Ebay has been confirmed to be mental illness :lol:

[​IMG]

20. 09PepperWhite

May 3, 2015
    Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Well I didn't have anything that I could recess the large head screw so I guess they will be seen. :(

I got it painted up today and will finish up in the next day or so? I am not the fastest on the block for doing projects but most of the time I enjoy the way they work out.

[​IMG]

Truck Bed paint make for a nice textured look for some interior parts. Durable as well.
    [​IMG]

The lower hole is not a misaligned mounting hole but an access hole for the lower control button on the Ultra Gauge. The finishing pictures will make it a bit more understandable. That darn hole took over an hour to measure correctly and then about 15 second to drill. :lol:[​IMG]