Good Tuner in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'PittStopMINI Club' started by funr53, Jul 14, 2010.

1. funr53

funr53 New Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello All,

New to Pittsburgh. I have an '06 R53 that is modified quite extensively (mostly Mini Madness). So, I am looking for a good local tuner. Any recommendations? Tried calling Pittsburgh Mini 3 times and they never returned my calls.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. Nitrominis

Nitrominis Banned

May 9, 2009
    Doing nothing
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0

Hello Scott and welcome to Motoring Alliance.. :cornut:

It may be helpful for you to be a little clearer about your term "tuner". There can be at least 2 basic meanings. One is someone that is good at Diagnostic, repairs and fine adjustments of aftermarket performance products. And the other would be having to do with the ECU with regards to re-mapping the MINI computer?
    Which might you be looking for?

3. funr53

funr53 New Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nitro,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am talking about both. I think. My mini is throwing the check engine light since coming here. I am getting negtive fuel trim at idle in the -20% range. Not sure if it is gas and atmosphere combo and the injectors need backed off or what.

The car has a mini madness (MM) water-to-air intercooler, MM 15% pulley, MM intake, MM cowl intake, CHR cylinder head, MM 380cc injectors, schrick high-lift cam, MM header, and MTH Tuner.

Anyone around here that you would recommend?

Thanks,
    Scott

4. amberback

amberback Club Coordinator

Mar 26, 2010
    QA Analyst
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Hi.
    Are you a member of the PittStop MINI Club (http://www.pittstopmini.org)? - if not, you should be! You might get a better response asking at an event (Pittsburgh grand prix coming up). It seems like only a few are active on these forums.

Have you checked out the North American Motoring forums as well? That;s another good resource for questions like this.

5. GP Steve

GP Steve New Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    For what its worth, I talked to the service manager last winter at Pittsburgh MINI and he did mention that they have intentions on offering service for aftermarket parts and maintance once the new MINI facility here is complete. That may be a pipe dream for them since BMW does shy away from the installation of aftermarket parts outside of JCW items. Definitely show up to the Gran Prix on the 24th, Graham Chandler may be the one to look for there since his MINI is heavily modded.

6. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Just curious, did you build up the car or purchase it modded?

If purchased the collective we may know the car, might want to tell us about it.

7. track-toy

track-toy MINI of the Month

May 4, 2009
    Test Driver
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Pittsburgh MINI expert is McB Autosport in Bridgeville just south of Pittsburgh off I-79. The owner is the race director of the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix.