F1 2016 - F1

Discussion in 'Motorsports Chat & Race Preparation' started by Nathan, Nov 30, 2015.

Tags:
  1. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    Lots of drivers have had their engines blow up on them. But I don't remember any of them whining and crying about like Hammy.

2. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    Tough crowd here. More cryin here than anywhere else me thinks. :cryin: :smilewinkgrin:

3. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    It's pretty hard for me to get much emotion worked up for a guy who makes $50 mill a year just cause he lost a race......or a title. He still makes $50 mill a year.......:(

4. 00Mini

00Mini Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,977 / 6 / -5
    I kinda like a guy who makes oodles money and still shows that he wants to win.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
  6. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Class.

Rosberg: 'I feel for Lewis' after Malaysia
    By Chris Medland, 05/10/2016 at 17:00 F1 news, reports and results, Mercedes F1 team news 0 comments

Motor Racing - Formula One World Championship - German Grand Prix - Qualifying Day - Hockenheim, Germany© XPB Images
    Nico Rosberg says he has sympathy for Lewis Hamilton after his team-mate's retirement from the lead at the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Hamilton was set to re-take the championship lead as he held a comfortable advantage over the two Red Bulls with 16 laps to go at Sepang when his power unit failed. With Rosberg - who had spun at Turn 1 after being hit by Sebastian Vettel - recovering to third place, the end result saw the German extend the gap at the top of the championship but he says he feels sorry for Hamilton.

"Sunday was not great for us, unfortunately," Rosberg said. "My race was almost over before it even began and I feel for Lewis, as I've been there myself and it sucks big time to have all those points taken away from you just like that.

"For the guys too, seeing all their hard work destroyed in a couple of moments must be pretty brutal - especially right at the end of such a physically demanding weekend. But you cannot underestimate how strong this team is. We'll hit back even harder."

While acknowledging the boost it gave to his title hopes, Rosberg says he is not going to let the championship picture change his approach in the closing races.

"Of course, the result in Malaysia went in my favour in the title battle. That's a fact and I cannot pretend otherwise. But I haven't been thinking about the points situation all season and I'm not going to start now. I'm here to win races and that's the aim every time.

"Suzuka is the next opportunity and I'd love to stand on top of the podium there. It's one of the truly great, classic race tracks, where all the legends have won, so it would be an honour to add my name to that list.

"I need to improve on my last performances there, where it hasn't ever really come together. But I think I've shown this season that I've learned a lot from the past two years, so I'm confident I can get on top of this challenge. Hopefully it will be a great weekend and a good close battle for those awesome Japanese fans."

7. minirab

minirab Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Hagerstown, Md.
    Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    Kind of looks like the prez.

8. Steve

Steve Administrator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    I like to think I'm not very judgemental but I'm often surprised by how judgie (it's a word!) I can get if I don't like your taste in music. Seems like that should be an odd way to judge others but, to be honest, I get the feeling I'm actually in the majority. Music matters, dammit!

So, that (strangely) said, here's another way to get judgie about your F1 drivers. Folks at COTA "decided to ask the stars of Formula 1 to combine their love of music and fast cars by telling us their favorite songs to listen to whenever they get the chance to hit the open road in the USA."

The American Soundtrack: A Formula 1 Drivers' Playlist (circuitoftheamericas.com)
    (If you want that Spotify link, the article is here)

9. Steve

Steve Administrator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Japanese fans:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Minidave

Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    I think it's interesting....almost all the songs are uptempo (Sinatra's Strangers in the Night, Kvyat????) and the age of the driver definitely helps define the music they like......

While I don't care for some of the music chosen (MY age showing there) I understand to a degree why they chose it......Hamilton's was expected since he wants to break into that game.....

Gotta love the Japanese race fans - I especially liked the helmet cams!

11. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    *Spoiler Alert *
    [​IMG]

12. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for that. It saves me from having to watch it on the DVR, in favor of watching the kneelers during today's National Anthem.

13. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Did you not see *Spoiler Alert*?

14. Minidave

Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    At this point the championship is Rosberg's to lose......although one DNF by him coupled with a win by the Hamster puts it right back in reach for Lewis.

Mercedes clinched the constructors today. Congrats to them!

Max drove a great race (does anyone else cringe when Leigh Daffey calls Verstappen "the baby faced assassin" - god that guy drives me nuts, between his motormouth and wild exuberance.......wonder what Max thinks of the appellation?)

Vettel and the Kimster are right back where Ferrari were when Alonso was driving for the Reds......

Speaking of Alon-slo...what the heck happened to the Big Macs this weekend? 16th an 18th?????

Haas was so close to getting another point, missed it by thaaaat much!

15. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    I'm not giving up on Lewis yet, but he seems to drive the best race & get less points. Maybe Benz needs a CVT for those difficult starts. :rolleyes:

Max drove a great race today. He doesn't wilt under pressure one bit.

16. Steve

Steve Administrator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    That's a bit of stress on those Pirellis.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. minirab

minirab Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Hagerstown, Md.
    Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    Looks like they need to stop going to Pep Boys for

tires.:D

18. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Lot of downforce and grip there!

19. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
  20. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    I think Hammy should teach everyone a lesson and quit at the end of the season. That will show them. He'll go off and become the biggest rap star ever. :D