2005 MINI Cooper S with 54K miles

Discussion in 'Classic Mini, MINI and other Cars for Sale' started by Minipapa, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Minipapa

Minipapa New Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As the 2nd owner, I have owned the car for over 10 years. I am a 74 year old enthusiast. The car has always been garaged, never abused, autocross or raced, never revved until engine was completely warmed – no accidents or repaint (see CarFax), maintained by the book, It has led a very pampered life. The car is properly modded with the best equipment, and includes an extra set of OE wheels with snow tires, and also has the very desirable and expensive Mini OE after-market BBS two-piece wheels. It is an extensively optioned car including navigation and the very rare limited slip differential, and is very low miles at 54K (it had 14K miles when I purchased it).

It has been maintained by the book (including all brake and radiator flushes) and includes all the records during my ownership for over 10 years. It was serviced by Mini prior to my ownership. The Electro-Hydraulic Power Steering Pump/Cooling Fan issue known for this model has been dealt with. The supercharger was replaced under warranty at 15,700 miles. The front strut bushings were recently replaced and new front brake pads. The car is physically in gorgeous condition. The paint has been protected with a high-end sealant for my entire ownership, which I apply twice a year. The red retains its original luster. There are no dings or curb rash on the wheels (the winter rims have a couple of spots of discoloring). There is a slight scratch on the rear bumper that is not noticeable unless looking very carefully. The front has been protected from 14,000 miles on with a 3-M clear bra so there are only a few minor stone chips, which have been touched up, and nothing like you might see on the typical Mini. The car essentially presents like new. Absolutely no rust.

This Mini came with every available option except the Harmon Kardon sound system (see the upgraded stereo, which is far superior to the Harmon Kardon option). The car originally had leather seating but I traded for cloth because the Mini leather seats were very slippery and not as comfortable as the cloth so I have removed leather from original option list:
    Combo #1 Premium Package: Multifunction Steering Wheel w/Cruise, Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof, Automatic Air Conditioning, On-Board Computer.
    Combo #2 Sport Package: Dynamic Stability Control (DSC), Front Fog Lamps, 17†Wheels (the standard wheels were replaced by the original owner at the time of purchase with the desirable and very expensive Mini OE BBS Two-Piece, After-Market 17†wheels at a cost of $1,860!), Bonnet Stripes, Xenon Headlights w/Headlamp Power Wash.
    Combo #3 Cold Weather Package: Heated Water Jets, Heated Mirrors, Heated Front Seats.
    Combo #4 Convenience Package: Universal Garage Door Opener, Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror, Rain Sensor Wipers, Automatic Headlights.
    Limited Slip Differential (very rare option).
    Rear Fog Lamp.
    Navigation System (rare option).

Modification are as follows: John Cooper Works Intake, Milltek Cat Back Exhaust; Alta Version 2.0 15% Supercharger Pulley; GIAC ECU Software Tune; rront Fixed Camber Plates; Rear Hotchkis Camber Links: Upper and Lower Control Arms; Koni FSD Shocks/Struts; H&R Rear 2-Way Adjustable Sway Bar; Braided Stainless Steel Brake Lines; 17†Mini OE After-Market BBS two-piece wheels (an $1,860 option by the original owner added over and above the sticker price!); Bridgestone 205/45/17 RE-11 summer tires that have at least one additional season; Stubby Antenna; John Cooper Works Aero Grill kit; 3-M Clear Bra; PIAA 540 Xtreme Driving lights (wired to come on with brights); chrome mirror caps; Mini front Mud Guards; Parrot CK 3000 Evolution Blue Tooth Phone connection with interior mic; Mini Auxiliary Audio Input Kit; Extensive Interior Chrome Accents; Whalen Machine Co. weighted shift knob with adjustable short-shift kit; sound system: A/D/S very high-end component speakers/crossovers in front, 8†Stillwater SS-Series mid/bass-bass drivers in rear, four-channel external amp mounted under driver’s seat; the standard auto down electric windows are supplemented by the addition of auto up capability; easy pull rear seat straps; Mini rubber winter mats; custom summer mats; Prestige 4 Button Security System; 16†OE Mini Star Wheels mounted with Michelin 195/55/16 X-Ice snow tires (essentially full tread); wheel locks and Mini sunscreen.

Car is located in Columbus, Ohio.
    614-507-5111
    $11,500

See more pictures here:
    http://classifieds.motoringalliance.com/?product=2005-mini-cooper-s-with-54k-miles

Attached Files:

2. Sully

Sully Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Very nice looking and very clean - what kind of shifter is that?

3. Sully

Sully Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Nevermind - saw the link to the other classifieds section (Can't wait to fix this... which is in process). The shifter is "Whalen Machine Co. weighted shift knob with adjustable short-shift kit".. very nice.

4. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Very nice car and should be a good car for anyone. :Thumbsup:

5. M1N1

M1N1 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Tool and Die Maker
    NW Ohio
    Ratings:
    +330 / 0 / -0
    Great car in the best colour. Good luck with your sale.

6. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    I'm sad to see your nicely maintained MINI go up for sale.

Any big reason why, or, is it just time to move on?:confused5:

7. Minipapa

Minipapa New Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why am I selling? At 74, I began to contemplate my last car! For 10 years, the Mini sat on the same side of my garage with a Caterham Super 7 - they were both short enough! I recently sold the Caterham on Bring A Trailer - see if this link might work:
    http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-caterham-super-7/

I just recently bought a car I've admired for it's analog qualities to be my "last car" - a 2013 BMW 135i with full Dinan stage 3 modifications. I've loved the Mini, which is also very analog. I've only owed one car in 58 years of driving longer than the Mini. Someone will get a great machine and it will be difficult to see it go.

8. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    This is one fine MINI with all the right stuff. Someone needs to buy it & enjoy their life MINI style. :Thumbsup:

Good luck with your sale.

9. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,874 / 10 / -3
    Nice Mini! So is the BMW you plan on buying!

10. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    I'll be 72 in January..guess it's time to start thinking about unloading my 3 MINIs!:ihih:

11. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    GLWS! How have you been Andy? Haven't seen you in a long time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Minipapa

Minipapa New Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! Just getting old and too busy!

13. ChuxBiz

ChuxBiz New Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I too will be 72 in January...

and I plan to unload one of my three coupes! I'll keep the Silverado too.:beer

14. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    Bumping this up for a good guy. ^^^

15. Goldsmithy

Goldsmithy MINI Alliance Ambassador
    Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Male
    TCB
    Main Street in the land of Oz
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 0 / -0
    Hell, I'm 74 and just getting started...

16. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    Wow...I feel MUCH better now! In fact, my wife is INSISTING that I go back to MOTD next year! I figure she either loves me or hopes I'll never make it back down and back alive...:arf:

17. HillbillyChili

Jun 14, 2017
    Software
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I wish mine was in this nice of condition! That is one nice piece of equipment. I can see that is has been very well taken care of.

A member here has to be able to find room in his garage for this one, remember MINI's don't take up that much space! :D

18. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,874 / 10 / -3