Engine Drivetrain 2nd Gen S Accessport Custom or Manic Map?

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by haliphics, Sep 7, 2017.

1. haliphics

haliphics New Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So my friend is letting me play with his accessport since he got rid of his r56. I'm enjoying it for the most part. But I know this is kinda a frowned upon option, but as some one who enjoyed it's flame throwing Mazdaspeed3, I was curious if there is any way to get a custom map or a map of the Manic stage 2 with BBQ mode for the accessport?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

2. oldbrokenwind

oldbrokenwind Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    Retired
    Northern NV
    Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Why not get the Manic tune, with their switch box, then use the AP as your Manic "base" map. The AP still works with Manic tunes, you just can't store manic maps on the AP. As for getting a custom AP map, good luck finding someone that still has a license to program for it.

3. haliphics

haliphics New Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I mostly chose with the accessport over the SPS Switcher and Manic for a couple of reasons. If I ever go back to stock and upgrade it switch cars I can easily just unmarry the AP and that's that and I'll have some return on my investments. Also I can data log where I need it and has a built in launch control where as manic there is no launch control and no guarantee the wotbox will work either since it causes misfire codes.

I'm also curious if it's possible to find the software to tune lingering around some where. When I got a hold of Cobb they said they don't have any old files for support but to try and get a hold of Alta.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

4. oldbrokenwind

oldbrokenwind Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    Retired
    Northern NV
    Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Launch control??? I've checked my AP and reread the instructions that came with it and find nothing about "launch control" --- please explain.

If by "wotbox" you mean the Manic SPS switch box, you might have other problems --- I have no problems when using my SPS, and haven't heard of anyone else getting misfire codes because of the SPS.

Back in 2011 when I obtained my AP, there was also info available about the programming capability. It took a separate control box, probably a laptop of some sort, and between $10K - $15K to get the capability. Then there's the license needed to use it. Maybe contact Jeff Perrin at Perrin Performance for better info on programming for the AP, he might still be available --- I haven't contacted him in a couple years --- pretty nice guy.