Come on ATL!

Discussion in 'AtlantaMINIS' started by Black n Blue, May 13, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Black n Blue

Black n Blue New Member

May 2, 2012
    Project Manager in Tradeshow Marketing
    Auburn, GA
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    :Thumbsup: Really! Not one post from the Atlanta MINIs on this site????

Well I had to start one of course. :postcount

Is anybody going to Scottish Fest?

2. jeffster06

jeffster06 Active Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Dallas, GA
    Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I'm on this site all the time lol. I always check in on Atlanta MINI's from time to time.

as for the Scottish festival I'll most likely be working that day :(

3. tybeegirl

tybeegirl Member
    Supporting Member

May 8, 2012
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I'm here!:postcount
    I'm pretty new here but just looking around and getting a feel for it.
    I am sure I will find it--but I am not sure what Scottish Fest is.

4. Tüls

Tüls New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    The sky
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    What is this Scottish festival?

5. Black n Blue

Black n Blue New Member

May 2, 2012
    Auburn, GA
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    From the Atlanta MINI's forum:
    Please come join the AtlantaMINIS for the Blairsville Scottish Festival on Saturday, June 9th. We will meet as a group for a drive up there at 8:30 AM; motoring at 9:00, from just across from the Wendy's on GA 400 in Dawsonville which is in this link. Be sure that you have plenty of gas in your tank prior to leaving.

Directions for the route are here.

From the meeting place in Blairsville, we will parade the MINIs through the fairgrounds and will be given special parking on the ball field. The organizers of the event are giving AtlantaMINIS members a special rate of $5 per person, as opposed to their regular rate of $10. At the Festival, feel free to check out all things Scottish and stay as long as you would like. The only things that the organizers ask of us is to not play loud music while parading through the park, and if at all possible, try and leave the park in groups so that there will not be traffic going through the park at all times. The route that we will be taking through the park is a pedestrian area not meant for cars. Once you leave the park in your MINI, you will not be allowed to return back inside the park with your car. There is no organized drive home, so you are on your own for whenever you wish to leave. Please plan your route home on your own, if you aren't familiar with the area using GPS, Google Maps, Mapquest, etc.

Details of the Scottish Festival are located on their website.

Blairsville Scottish Festival

Everyone loved seeing our MINIs and Minis in the past, so come on out and enjoy!

As always, this thread is reserved for RSVP and direct talk about the event, only. Please respect this.

Read more: AtlantaMINIS - Login

6. Belhaven

Belhaven Active Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    I'm a frequent lurker and a very infrequent poster here... same name over "there". :)

7. Mr. Toad

Mr. Toad New Member

May 18, 2010
    Atlanta
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Same here. There are several of us from Atlanta also on this board.

8. Black n Blue

Black n Blue New Member

May 2, 2012
    Auburn, GA
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Yea I figured as much. It was just too tempting to not post something! Give someone a box a crayons and they'll have to scribble something.

9. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Come to the dark side! The GA MINIACs are more fun, anyhow!

:D

10. Black n Blue

Black n Blue New Member

May 2, 2012
    Auburn, GA
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I am on that one too and like the concept but tried to post and it wouldn't let me until I paid for the membership. So, not completely sold on that one yet. Just being cheap I guess, but with ATL, NAM and Alliance, why pay for a forth group?

I would like to see something started for East Atlanta / Athens MINI's. Our numbers are growing. It seems the ATL MINI's are all focused downtown and / or North ATL and they get funny if you try to coordinate anything that is not an official event on there site. (which I understand) But for us aout east for for instance the Scottish fest meet up place is an hour drive for me.

ATL is such a large area we could use some more micro coordination of events and it would be nice to have a monthly meet up out east that's not an hour+ drive or that would draw from some of the people who are in Athens area.

Just sayin!

11. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    We had the same in the Dallas/Ft Worth area, the area is so large that often it would take an hour for people to get to meetings and such.

One of the things they did was regular gatherings in different parts of town. Tuesday Night Happy Hour North, Wednesday Night Happy Hour East, Thursday Night Happy Hour South.

Meetings were moved to different parts of town almost every month, that way one group was not always driving far.

12. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Try again. We are going to a membership dues club on the 15th of June and have corrected the problem you were dealing with.

The reason we want to go to a dues club is to do longer/more/funner (yeah, I spelled it wrong on purpose!) events!

Come to a meeting and find out more instead of just wondering! We move the meetings around to try and de-centralize things. We are looking for a June locale right now, and you can come in and make a suggestion. If you are having an issue, I don't know about it unless you send me a note about it! :)

13. Black n Blue

Black n Blue New Member

May 2, 2012
    Auburn, GA
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Will do, didn't realize it was an issue, just thought I had limited access. I'll try again. Thanks.

14. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    One of the other new people let me know in a PM and we fixed it yesterday.

We are trying to leave the top section open for people to get a preview, then have the meat in the member's section.

We look forward to seeing more of you! I am on the NE side of Atlanta, but we have members from St. Mary's to Blue Ridge.

We are talking about a run to Athens next month, so get ready!

15. Way Motor Works

Way Motor Works New Member

May 4, 2009
    MINI Tuner
    Atlanta
    Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -0
    Many people have attended this event in the past and had a great time. Hope you Enjoy.:Thumbsup:

16. EvilMiniMe

EvilMiniMe New Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Reviving a dead thread?! Just checking in for all my fellow ATL Mini's, what happened to this group? Still around!?

17. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    FYI, WayMW is a sponsor and is now based in Atlanta. He is a regular attendee of MOTD. :Thumbsup:

18. EvilMiniMe

EvilMiniMe New Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Yea buddy I saw him yesterday! Where can I get more info about it!?

19. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    minisonthedragon.com

20. Belhaven

Belhaven Active Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Yup - still around. We just got back from HelenBlitz - has 15-20 cars drive up Saturday AM - with more staying up there the weekend.
    Had 20-30 cars (40+ people) go on the drive arranged by NETMA - with a tasty lunch break at Hawg Wild :)